Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys.

I'm new to RS25.com and just wanted to drop a line saying hello and congratulations/thanks on having one of the best websites/forums around. It was registered for and bookmarked immediately after I discovered it. Imprezas have been all I've ever owned/driven since I got my license at 17 (24 now). Previous ones were a 1999 2.2L and a 2007 2.5i.

It's been about a week or two since I signed up for the forums because I was working on completing a purchase of my latest Impreza...

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS w/ Sports Package:

I love her. Had a fantastic buying experience from a member on here/NASIOC and can't get enough of this car!! I miss my 2007 2.5i but I'm almost positive I'm going to (if not already do) like this car better.

Car is relatively stock at this point. The modifications/upgrades include:
-Aluminum hood w/ WRX Scoop
-Stromung twin-tip catback exhaust
-eBay UEL Header
-Hella Supertones

This was perfect for me because I have never modified any of my cars before except for the audio system. However, this doesn't mean I havn't wanted to. The first time I started the car up and heard this exhaust compared to my previous cars...all I could do was drool.

So yeah. I'm home. Thanks providing such a great community here.

Any advice on next modifications to make and/or what's the best bang for my buck? Seems like a 20mm RSB and some new tires are pretty highly recommended. The only modifications I really WANT to do are exterior/appearance mods and overhauling the audio system (components for that are already ordered and on the way).

Let me know!

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad you really appreciate this place, there is a great wealth of knowledge here. As for suggestions for aesthetics, lowering springs, tint, and a nice wheel/tire setup is usually a good start.

Ps: STi seats look and feel great too! Good luck!

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,357 Posts
Welcome !
The 20mm swaybar upgrade is a very good choice; easy to do & an immediately noticeable change in the way your car corners without adding harshness to the ride.
There's a DIY on this upgrade in that section of the site.
Then maybe some winter tires/wheels (or a summer setup if you are already prepared for the snow...)

·
Registered
2001 Impreza GT
738 Posts
welcome man! 04-05's are my 2nd favorite body style. mods all depend on what you're going to do with it. i DD mine so i did simple stuff for handling an looks.

Some STi front spats would look sick on there!

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Welcome and its nice to see another RS Sport like mine on the site ;) Hit up my journal for some ideas on upgrades.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'm currently in kind of a tough spot since I recently had surgery (and might need more) so I'm not working right now. That of course = limited funds to put into the car. I've got enough to do what I want to do to the sound system but that's really about it.

Patience is a virtue I guess...

A 20mm RSB will definitely be my first modifcation to the car, and I'm confident, even though I'm not what you would consider a "car guy" at all, that with the DIY posted on here I'll be able to do the install myself.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Welcome from another 2005 owner! You have lot's of good reading here to learn and discover things about your car you probably did not know. Start with the stickies on subjects that interest you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.