Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Read Only
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself a scancauge. One of the readings on it shows the ignition timing. While it jumps all over the place during normal driving, I observed it at WOT - with a warmed up engine, it hovers around 17-18 degrees throughout a fairly large RPM range (2000-6000rpm)

a) are these normal values?
b) is the stock map fixed, or does it have a range depending on something?
c) if it does, what is the range to be expected at WOT?

Car: 03 outback sport. Mods: headers, catback, oil catch can.

· Registered
9,301 Posts
Got myself a scancauge. One of the readings on it shows the ignition timing. While it jumps all over the place during normal driving, I observed it at WOT - with a warmed up engine, it hovers around 17-18 degrees throughout a fairly large RPM range (2000-6000rpm)

a) are these normal values?
b) is the stock map fixed, or does it have a range depending on something?
c) if it does, what is the range to be expected at WOT?

Car: 03 outback sport. Mods: headers, catback, oil catch can.
A) Its hard to say if it is, cars vary. But in a general sense of the 2 RS' myfamily had, its lower. I remember my old ecu was giving 25ish degrees at wot around 4500
B) The stock map is designed to run in the range the factory sets it at, with the exception of pulling timing. Ive seen an RS pull 30* of timing, but only run no more than 39*, under any circumstance.
C) anywhere from 15-35 is acceptable for WOT. Timing varies on STFT,LTFT and 02 readings, along with airflow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.