Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 RS BRP
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fluid coming out my tail pipe. I've collected this, tasted it, smelt it and then collected enought to actaully look at it. It's not green, it does not taste sweet and it doesn't smell sweet. Even today when it was a nice 65F, I was still getting a white smoke out of my tail pipe when the engine was reved. I am also getting no bubbles in my overflow. At first I thought I had possibly a head gasket leaking, but now I'm confused about what it could be. Also the car does not overheat. It pretty much sits near the lower part of the normal area.

Any ideas would be appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
2002 RS BRP
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've thought that also, but was checking because even after the car runs for a while, I will still getting it coming out. It seems a bit excessive to me. I can put my hand behind the tail pipe and feel the moisture hitting my hand. I do live in the Seattle area, so would high humidity cause this to be excessive?

I've just never seen water come out of a tailpipe and pool if you leave the car running for about 15min. Just seemed really abnormal to me.

·
Registered
1999 ver7 coupe
504 Posts
Hahaha, did you actually put some mystery leaking car fluid in your mouth?

·
Registered
2002 RS BRP
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
of course I did. worse case it's coolant. a little bit isn't going to kill you. Easiest way to tell what something is.

·
Registered
2002 RS BRP
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I guess I'm of the old crazy bastard mechanic type. Old habits are hard to break. Just glad what I was thinking it was is just being confirmed.

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
what gas are you using? Higher quality brand gas in my car, causes less smoke/water from the tail pipe. Try a couple tanks of chevron and see if that helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts