Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 version6 1.8L turbo 08 WRX
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we can dream right? What would you do if you won the lottery.

What i would do first:
i would buy my mom a 2007 outback in that champagne color 3.0 ll bean edition in cash from a dealership. To replace the pos Volvo wagon. i'd love to see the look on my moms face.

After that is all said and done, buy a nice secure plot of land and begin building the ultimate garage. In that said garage would be the lowest mileage impreza body i could find completely stripped of every nut and bolt. After seam welding the whole body and various other weight reduction/stiffening techniques, i would build the car up with brand spanking new parts. It wouldn't be a race car though, on the inside. Nice stereo, dynamatting everywhere, and comfy ass reclining jdm sti seats like every other DD.

ok, your turn.

·
Registered
03 WRX wagon
4,033 Posts
I'd totally build a spy mansion. trap doors, moats, piano keys to spin book cases. the whole bit. I'd have a RB26 swapped s13, an 03 cobra swapped notchback fox mustang, and a built GC to start for wheels tho. not to mention a cumins dodge diesel cuz they are tits.

·
Registered
93 version6 1.8L turbo 08 WRX
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah 93 5.0 lx blacked out with deep dish cobra rims.
04 cobra blacked out w/ limo tint all around. slammed, loud ass exhaust & deep dishes. yum. i love them

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
mar1asynger said:
I'd totally build a spy mansion. trap doors, moats, piano keys to spin book cases. the whole bit.
Hell yes! I'd have a hidden room with the most bitchin' computer setup you've ever seen. I'm a Batman nut, so.... ;) I'd probably go to Digital Tigers:

http://www.digitaltigers.com/stratosphere-elite2110.php

I'd have a big house, but not gargantuan. Definitely a large garage, though. My Dad has a 7-car in NH, I'd probably build one for 10 at least.

Ferrari 430
Ferrari 599
Porsche 911 Carrera 4S (997, my daily driver :cool: )
Toyota Tacoma
BMW or Audi of some sort
'08 Legacy 3.0R (my road trip cruiser)
'08 Outback (my wife loves 'em)
A '60s Corvette
Honda S2000 (I've only wanted one since the '95 SSM showcar :D )

...And of course, my RS. Which I'd go nuts on... Prodrive and STi Group N stuff everywhere (aluminum control arms, trailing arms, links, etc. etc.). Öhlins fixed-perch struts with probably P1 springs.

PPG gearset, very nice differentials (all three). USDM STI engine, probably MY2007, along with a full dash swap. GC WRX aluminum hood with genuine 22B vents. Crawford block, upgraded TMIC and radiator, Prodrive CAI. Cusco headers and a full 3.0" exhaust. LightWerkz HID retrofit:

http://www.high-intensity.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Prodrive P1 front lip and driving lights. Ver.6 rear bumper, spats, genuine aero guards. $10K repaint in bright white with pearl effect. Sound deadening, recover the new dash and my doors to match. Recaro leather/alcantara front seats with red stitch. JDM rear window with wiper.

And a cheap, used Impreza with dirt tires, when I'd finally have time to try out rallying. :D

All of this is the fun stuff, of course. Not including a whole lot of vacation and world travel. Plus paying off all of our personal and business expenses, building my wife a bitchin' standalone office, and sending lots of money to my mother. And investing, which is slightly important. :D

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
build a nice house, get myself of couple of cars of my choice, my fiance a couple of cars of her choice, make sure my immediate family is taken care of, then invest the rest.

·
Premium Member
2002 Aspen White WRX (sedan)
2,402 Posts
How much are we winning? Hehe, ok first we need some land, pry around 5 acres maybe more. Build house with the spy accessories (always wanted that shit), then a big garage 10 car w/ lifts (mmmmm). Tit it out with tools. Build the GC, and while thats being built Id buy... probably a R33 to drive around then work on that.

Take care of immediate family and invest invest invest. So my money makes me money :)

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
^^ Yep yep. Aren't we all just so responsible. :lol:

And as I've always said, if it's a huge chunk of change, I'm buying a plot of land and building a supervised, sanctioned rally, autocross and road course, just for all you fine folks.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,850 Posts
Nice plot of land... maybe 80 or so acres in a free state like VA. Build myself a nice house with a guest house. obviously a killer garage with all the essentials, lifts, 4w dyno, every possible tool, paint room, the works.

move my rents, her rents, and various family into their own houses on the property.

Build a rally course on my property.

Sail boat... large enough for intercontinental travel. Use it.

Maybe build an airport or helipad on property. I alwasy wanted to learn to fly and even without the lottery it is my dream.

Start a business for my friends to work it.

Invest.

Obviously it would have to be a considerable ammount of money. Otherwise i would have to cut back a tad.

Chris

·
Registered
98 SE-R 01 RS
496 Posts
build the GC 2.7liter and t88 with all the other crap to run it. Build my own house but not too big. Shit would freak me out at night. Buy a boat and just travel around the world.
Have my own plane, and not some whack ass luxury jet but like a F18 or a mig hahahaha

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Jurzeyfresh said:
Sail boat... large enough for intercontinental travel. Use it.

Chris
Dude, I cannot tell you how happy that makes me. My old man is an offshore sailor, as in a real one. A salty old bastard who looks nothing like all of these overpaid weekend idiots, who buy a multimillion-dollar boat and have no clue how to sail it. :D

He's taught several courses, including the Caribbean 1500 rally (which goes between Norfolk, VA and the V.I.s in about 2 weeks' time).

Me? I get seasick. :) I love boating, but only the near-shore excursions. Kinda sucks, because I think I might have enjoyed it.

·
Registered
2002 MBP 2.5RS
369 Posts
I'd probably throw a decent amount to my parents then invest the rest and live off the interest. No work for the rest of my life could be pretty fun. Actually, I'd probably end up working somewhere, maybe for a few hours a week to do something I enjoy and to occupy myself.

·
Banned
2001 BRP Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
796 Posts
1) Prodrive P1
2) 22B
3) Aston Martin Vanquish S
4) Aston Martin DBS
5) New house for the family and me
6) Garage
7) Donate good/large chunk to cancer research
8) Tofu :)

·
Premium Member
'08 DGM Legacy Spec. B
1,105 Posts
1) STI Ver. 6 GF8 widebody w/ Ver. 7 Swap and 6 spd. 5x114.3 conversion
2) Lotus Exige S w/ K24, Type R heads and supercharger
3) Gemballa 996TT w/ full cage
4) BMW E39 M5 w/ twin turbos
5) Audi B5 RS4 w/ twin GT25
6) BMW E30 M3 Evo w/ S54 swap
7) Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A w/ 20B turbo swap
8) NSX-R w/ supercharger
9) Skyline R34 Z-Tune
10) Ferrari F40
11) EVO FQ-400
12) Legacy B4 RSK
13) Ariel Atom
14) KTM X-bow
15) Audi RS6
16) WRC Bugeye
16) Huge Semi-Truck w/ trailer to tow Track Cars
17) 125cc Shifter Kart
18) Nice house
19) Garage w/ lifts for all cars
20) My own track in my backyard

That's all I can dream of for now...

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,850 Posts
A sailboat would be a must... i come from a long list of sailors. My grandfather used to take his sunfish in the new york harbor when the tall ships would come in. My dad used to ride on the front. I really wish someone took pictures... Talk about balls.

Sailing over to europe would be my first trip.

Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts