Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear diff fluid needs to be changed, but I was wondering if it would make any noticeable difference in the ride of my car? My car seems to be kind of jerky right now, and the rear diff almost seems to be engaging before the front diff. That's probably bad! But I only notice things when I'm just starting to engage the clutch.

IDK I guess I'll just see once I change my fluid!

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Mine sort of grabs too to tight slow moving turns... like parking lots. It's been doing it for years. I've been told it's something to do with the differentials, so I think your on the same track.

Does yours grab in the same situations mine does?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine sort of grabs too to tight slow moving turns... like parking lots. It's been doing it for years. I've been told it's something to do with the differentials, so I think your on the same track.

Does yours grab in the same situations mine does?
Huh. Well mine does it when you shift from 1st to second and second to third and it's a bit jerky. If I work really hard though it doesn't do it!

Mostly from a stop to first...

Is it fine though? Like will this hurt anything?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ah ok

Just so I notice the difference? cool I'll go for a nice little spin before I swap the fluids!

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
I didn't notice any difference when I changed mine, but mine was pretty clean to begin with

1 - 11 of 11 Posts