If guns kill people, then...

pencils miss spel words..
cars make people drive drunk..
spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat..

·
Registered
'99 2.5 RS Rally Blue Pearl
937 Posts
i liked and agreed with bowling for columbine that the problem could well lay with news networks being obsessed with violence and scaring us.

and the administration is only helping to keep the scare factor up :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trypticon said:
Your powers of observation and logic are awe-inspiring.

Guns don't kill anyone. It's typically the bullet.
Once again your out in left field. Bullets don't kill anyone. If I took a hand full of bullets and threw them at a crowed of people the only thing it would do is piss-off alot of people.
Since the begining of time when Caine killed Able, man has used what ever was at his means to do harm to another. After the club came poisen, knives and what ever the mind can come up with.
Once againyou better do your homework. I suggest you start by reading, "1001 ways to kill someone". Take away the human element and guess what? Guns are quite safe. I might also add, pencils will stop miss spelling words.

Remember, no matter how dumb you are, Jesus still loves you.

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
guns don't kill people holes in vital organs and lack of blood kill people

guns arn't bad its the people with them its not that hard of an idea to grasp i don't see how people don't get it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a proven fact that more people are killed each year from cars than guns.....Hmmm, don't even go there. I like my car too much.
But then we could design bullets with airbags and what not. Na, it would be much simpler to get rid of pencils, cars, spoons, guns and "In God we trust".

·
Registered
937 Posts
yo do know that mcarthy pushed the "in god we trust" onto our currency. it was never about god, but rather it was a cold war decision to seperate ourselves from the atheist soviets. :) at least i'm pretty sure that's how it came into existance

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
I think people take arguments like this and twist it too conveniently...

I believe in the right to bear arms. I don't own a gun, and I don't particularly like them, but I do believe that. Especially now that my brother is a policeman.

However. They do afford the vicious, a very convenient and simple way to kill. If it weren't for guns, they'd have to get their hands dirty and kill the hard way. It's pretty obvious that many people like to do things the easy way.

Plus, guns are a power trip.

So that's why I don't like them. But that doesn't account for the good people who use them responsibly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bondo said:
i liked and agreed with bowling for columbine that the problem could well lay with news networks being obsessed with violence and scaring us.

and the administration is only helping to keep the scare factor up :)

This 100% true. I just completed a study about Moral Panics (the perceived threat is far greater than the actual threat; for example school shootings) with a focus on youth violence, and a child is more likely to be struck by lightning or attacked by a shark than be killed at school. Just some food for thought.

They are horrible tragedies, but because of how rare and heinous they are, the media assumes we have some sort of epidemic.

·
Registered
99 rs
354 Posts
Mel Adjusted said:
If guns kill people, then...

pencils miss spel words..
cars make people drive drunk..
spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat..
pencils are made to write
cars are made to get people around in
spoons are made to eat with

guns are made to shoot things with.

people are always going to be killing each other but when they have a gun that is designed to kill, it really makes it easy for them.

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
And you're a much easier target when you don't have a firearm of your own. Removing firearms is not a solution...trust me.

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
No, but by disarming the public, you subject them to any dictator's fascist ideals. There are states that allow citizens to carry firearms in the open (must have a permit for firearm) and these states generally see less gun related violence.

·
Registered
937 Posts
what? right now everyone has guns and we're being ruled by a dictator's fascist ideals! as far as i can see it nobody is using their guns to overthrow a government that is doing what it wants, not what we want...government by the people for the people my ass

·
Registered
937 Posts
not to mention i think it's bipolar of our government to tell somolians they should disarm, but wont tell our citizens to

·
Registered
99 rs
354 Posts
sure but the u.s. is known to have a gun obsession and correct me if i'm wrong but you have way more gun crime that the rest of the western world. i'm in korea right now and the idea of owning a gun here is absurd, they have virtually no gun violence.

·
Registered
97 OBRS...wrx
84 Posts
Trypticon said:
Tell that to VA Tech.
Thanks for pointing that out, VT was allowed to happen BECAUSE there was no willing and able opposition. Sweden is the safest country in the world and has one of the highest rates of carry.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts