Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm doing a timing belt replacement on my 2001 2.5 RS and having been buying all necessary parts from Shea from Subaruparts.com. I'm changing out all the Idlers and I counted 3 of them.

If you face the enging from the front of the car, there should be 2 idlers to the left of the Crank pulley. These 2 look identical. The third idler is on the right side of the Crank pulley and looks different that the 2.

I checked online and timing belt book and they identify the 2 idlers to the left of the Crank pulley as "Idler #1", and the 3rd idler as "Idler #2". So I went with that, but Shea said that those are actually 3 separate idlers.

The one to the right of the Crank pulley is the cheapest one, but he mentioned that the 2 to the left of the Crank pulley are actually a bit different. He gave me 2 different prices that is are only off by 5 dollars from each other.

So my question to you guys is obvious, are the 2 idlers to the left side of the Crank pulley identical, or is it a bit different?

V/R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.