Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with my idle where once the car warms up, it will start bouncing up and down at 500-1000 rpm. Also having issues where my car wont rev higher than 3500 rpm. If i try to go higher theres instant power loss. I replaced my IAVC, MAF, cleaned throttlebody. Also, im getting a 23 code which leads to the maf but I got a brand new one so it does not make sense. I am thinking maybe I need to replace the air intake system or go back to OEM airbox. Any help will be greatful.

Here is video of the problem.
Subaru EJ205 Issues - Album on Imgur

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I switched out the coilpack to another coilpack already. Maybe the one I got is broken. Going to upload a video with sound asap. Reason I can only check code with OBD1 is because my engine cant run OBD2

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never adjusted the throttlebody cables. I was having this issue before I even replaced the throttle body. And also I changed out my whole coilpack + wires.

·
Registered
07OBS
57 Posts
I had a misfire problem in my last Subi where oil was leaking through the cam cover gasket and wicking up the spark plug boot and shorting out the plug. If you pull the boots they would be wet with oil.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts