Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. I'm new to this forum and was hoping I could get some help.

Picked up a 2000 Impreza RS coupe this week and it looks like the original owner had installed a brace but removed the main bar when he sold the car.

Can anyone identify the Manufacturer? Thanks in advance.

Keith

Attachments

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
It's not the SPT that only has two bolts that hook up to the strut tower an it dosen't come apart. I've seen that one but can't place it now. Either way if you want to get a bar you more than likely won't be able to just get the center bar, you'll have to get the whole thing. Why they removed just the bar is beyond me.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
Looks like it WAS one of those $69.99 strut brace with a round cross bar threaded at both ends.

I too am miffed as to why the seller would keep the cross bar.

So.... did you purchase off a lot or thru a personal sale?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for taking so long to reply.I've been out and about enjoying the car :)

The car was purchased from a subaru dealership here on Long Island. The car runs great even though having 48k miles on it.

As for why the mounting plates are there and no bar ...
I have no idea why the previous owner would do that.
On the side of the car on the back windows are SPO Motorsport stickers and prior to purchasing the car, there was a Weapon- R liscence plate holder.

My assumtions are that the owner had minor mods (I hope) on the car and removed what he could prior to a trade-in but may have been afraid of over torqing(sp?) the nuts on the strut tower hats.

Other than that, I dont know.

Thanks for the possible answers.

Keith

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
Maybe the tech or shop assistant who went over the car removed it to inspect the air filter and was too lazy to put it back on and it's still laying in the corner of the shop. Sounds wild eh; but it's possible. I would visit the guys back in the shop - see if anyone remember the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts