Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a cross post which is something I rarely, if ever, do but; I want to give props to Kevin (Kastle) for doing such a good job of keeping the Scoobymods.com site up to date. I send the guy stuff, updates, pics and new mods and they magically appear. He spent a good part of last week (his vacation time) just adding a feature that makes the pages printable. I have no idea how to do any of this web type stuff I just supply the info. I just wanted to acknowledge the fact is all. We guys at Scoobymods get all sorts of questions e-mailed an we try to answer them as best as we can but I just wanted to let everyone know that it's him behind the curtain pulling the levers. :)

Thanks,

Peaty

This is not to say that Brian and AaronB just sit back and do nothing. I'm the one that does the least by far.

Why do we do it? I haven't figured that out yet, we just hope it's useful I guess :D

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pay my plane fair and I'll do it. I'll even wax it. I just got back from washing my car and it 27°F here! I can't feel my fingers. I know it's crazy but it's been dirty for 2 weeks and I couldn't stand it anymore. I need some of this here :sunny:

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
Peaty said:
I just got back from washing my car and it 27°F here! I can't feel my fingers. I know it's crazy but it's been dirty for 2 weeks and I couldn't stand it anymore. I need some of this here :sunny:
LOL. dude you sound like me...I'll wash my car in any temp if it's dirty!

As far as Scoobymods.com, the site has helped me alot on mods and info, thanks guys :D

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
The Subie demands cleanliness and I can't sit on my laurels long while she is dirty. Unless it is snowing or raining, I'm gonna keep her pretty.

Nick C.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same here I just don't feel right if the car isn't clean. One trick I learned for washing the car when it's cold is to keep the hands dry. Those playtex living gloves while very stupid looking to have on, work nicely. I just couldn't find mine today. Also at the beginning of the winter I always spray some silicone on a rag and wipe all my door and trunk gaskets down. This prevents the doors from freezing shut after a wash.

·
Registered
65 Posts
See Kastle - its unanimous. The cars in the garage, I'll leave the keys under the mat. Be sure you do the wheels and tires too. By the way its 36 degrees here. :checkit:

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
I don't know how good it is, but I fill my wash bucket with warm water so my hands don't freeze. Turns the trick quite nicely.

Nick C.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not so much the washing (I use warm water too) it's the drying part that gets my hands numb. I usually start outside but move the car into the garage where it's not warm but usually above freezing.

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Warm water works for me. But then my driveway freezes and I literally slide down the drive into the gutter. The RS of course has no problems. Two feet drive vs gour wheel drive - I lose! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts