Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damnit, Im tuning one on my friends GS-R, and its a nice unit. I just wish they would work on our cars...
Grrrrrrr

How is that Split Second piece coming along? Anyone?

·
Registered
852 Posts
If your talking about SS, then I assume your referring to the ARC-I and ARC-II?

I would be curious to know how they work on our cars, seeing that the S-AFC isn't smart enough for the MY 2000 plus ECU's. I am not too familiar with the SS device, though it would be nice if one of their units could be used on our cars and not have problems with being overridden. They would surely aid in helping eliminate our tuning troubles. Goodbye mechanical RRFPR, hello electronic controlled fuel delivery.

I know that someone did put a S-AFC on their 2000 RS and had it dynoed. It definetly worked and the guy gained horsepower. What he SHOULD have done is gone back two-three weeks later and dynoed again to see if the changes remained or were overidden.

Graham

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Graham said:
If your talking about SS, then I assume your referring to the ARC-I and ARC-II?

I would be curious to know how they work on our cars, seeing that the S-AFC isn't smart enough for the MY 2000 plus ECU's. I am not too familiar with the SS device, though it would be nice if one of their units could be used on our cars and not have problems with being overridden. They would surely aid in helping eliminate our tuning troubles. Goodbye mechanical RRFPR, hello electronic controlled fuel delivery.

I know that someone did put a S-AFC on their 2000 RS and had it dynoed. It definetly worked and the guy gained horsepower. What he SHOULD have done is gone back two-three weeks later and dynoed again to see if the changes remained or were overidden.

Graham
ya that would be nice...

I keeep forgetting, is it that the 2 problems are, that you cant add fuel at the "atmospheric" voltage, because then you will go over the 5.1v or whatever fuel cut. and IIRC that the ecu just relearns and undoes the AFCs settings?
If thats it, then thats ok with me, you can tune full boost with fuel pressure, and use the afc for adjustments below, then reset the ecu every once in a while.

someone chime in here if theres more?

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump
theres gotta be some way to make this, or some other unit work,
Im dying to try a set of 370cc injectors with an AFC, just tune using that downlow to make the car run right, then use the fuel pressure methods to add adequate fuel at WOT and full boost.
Anyone else think this may work? I need some bigger injectors these tiny things arent cutting it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts