Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
type RRRRAAAAAA
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been running the ultimate for like 2 month now and it was running ok.. and couple days ago i finally found and fix my boost leak.... and now it is running really shitty.. i thknk because the ecu has been running that boost leak setting and remembering it.. so i did a battery disconnect reset.... after that it was running ok again ... so for the first 5 min before the coolant has warm up.. my ultimate map is drivable on boost and off boost..

so then i was thinking about the open lood close loop crap... i remember if an important sensor fails then it will stay in open loop.. hmm.. and closed loop fueling relys on the factory 02 heavily.. so if i disconnect that will it force into open loop all the time .. and actually have the emanage manage all range...is it possible or not?

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
darkmist2k1 said:
y no one respond.. is it becasue im crazy?
Afraid so. It will put you into a limp mode. You will run a different map then when it is running correctly.

·
Registered
type RRRRAAAAAA
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for some reason i pull the 02 out and it doesnt go into limp mode.. but at the same time it still stay closed loop fueling.. im soooo confused..

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
darkmist2k1 said:
for some reason i pull the 02 out and it doesnt go into limp mode.. but at the same time it still stay closed loop fueling.. im soooo confused..
I starts using the rear o2 on some models. And gives you several codes for a front o2. Pull out the rear and you will get 0% short-term fueling. But you will not be on the most agressive map in your ecu. Infact you probably aren't now if you have pulled the front o2. Safety first is what the factory ecu is good for. You need to tune closed loop with the car running with no CELs and mechanically perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts