Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what did you first want to be when you were growing up?

I wanted to be a forest ranger... drive my Jeep Wrangler through the woods all day with my retriever in the back.

You?

Chris

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
i always wanted to work for the CIA, wanted to see how shit went down and be part of it too. then i stopped giving a fuck about school. im in college now studying government but i have a feeling i wont be making it into the CIA. its all good though, state government should be cool still. CIA would be so sick though.

·
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
A little pissed at someone Chris?

I wanted to be in the army, then my dad crushed that idea

then I wanted to be an architect.

working on the latter now.. :) Actually they gave me a new position today, Project Director..

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
To tell you the truth, I always wanted to be a computer programmer and I am actually getting into that now. :D

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually the title was directed at that old commercial...

No one ever says...
"I want to be an addict when i grow up"

and i went the Chemistry route becuase it came easy to me and it is easy as hell to get a job.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a movie director or producer. Looking at stats in 8th and 9th grade I decided it was too much of a long shot. I didn't have another plan until college, I decided to hop into creative writing when I couldn't find an art school (I am the writing side of the comics I do with a friend). That way I could still be in the entertainment industry and journalism may be fun.

When I was looking for a writing school online I stumbled on web design, something I always had a mild interest in largely because it's a job that has a lot of potential of working from home. So I signed up and now I work in web design and Flash design. I am hoping to work on Movie sites so I'm still connected to the industry, otherwise I'll work from home in my home theatre and just watch a lot of movies :D

·
Registered
'01 BRP Coupe
2,799 Posts
before 6th grade -> astronaut
after 6th grade -> research scientist

like some of you, i also have a knack in programming (java, c++, basic html), and i am starting to get my foot in the door for a cool r&d project possibly as an entry-level technician (because i'm only 20).

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
Cinthetyk said:
before 6th grade -> astronaut
after 6th grade -> research scientist

like some of you, i also have a knack in programming (java, c++, basic html), and i am starting to get my foot in the door for a cool r&d project possibly as an entry-level technician (because i'm only 20).
That is just like me...I started getting into programming about 3-4mos ago and now I am a contractor at DOL.

·
Banned
1,359 Posts
I ended up in the Technology field much the same way many here did.. I learned it as a hobby, I'm a gamer, etc, and I enjoyed it, it just turned into a career because it was something that I really understood and had a nack for.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Always wanted to be the corporate business man type. Still working on it... just need to get school out of the way now.

·
Banned for not posting nude party pics.
2009 2.5i Hatch
1,956 Posts
I wanted to be an astronomer until I was about 6 years old. Then I thought I would go the engineering route. I got an AA degree as an automotive tech and was planning on pursuing an engineering career. However, I quickly learned I hated working on peoples cars. So, I started taking other classes and I became really interested in biology and chemistry and decided to pursue medicine.

In 3 weeks I'm graduating as a Registered Nurse, now I'm considering taking more classes and applying to med school.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts