Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heat shields on my stock header's are rattling like crazy and it's so annoying! I plan on some how getting some single port headers and then a cat-back. Eventually I'd get a high-flow cat...

Where the hell can I get headers? UEL or EL, I don't care!

Also, if I can't find headers, can I take the heatshields off my current ones and then wrap them in that exhaust heat wrap?

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts
Go hit up an exhaust shop and have one fab'd up, or wait around for the a used uber-rare Borla single-port header to show up in the Classifieds.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go hit up an exhaust shop and have one fab'd up, or wait around for the a used uber-rare Borla single-port header to show up in the Classifieds.
Damn... Do you have an estimate for what that should cost?

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
I'll have a set of uber-rare Borla single-ports for sale soon.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can I call dibs? My borla cracked again today at the auto-x. It got too hot and the thin metal just broke on me.
haha! You have to do that to me Trix! What ever, I don't want something that will crack every year!

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
I don't know why people spend forever trying to find a set of Borla's instead of just having some fabricated
honestly, if i had a tig and a pipe bender i would make some. I really need to make an uel header for my eg33!

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
I rewelded mine and they have been good since!

·
Registered
99 RS-T
267 Posts
The heat shields on my stock header's are rattling like crazy and it's so annoying! I plan on some how getting some single port headers and then a cat-back. Eventually I'd get a high-flow cat...

Where the hell can I get headers? UEL or EL, I don't care!

Also, if I can't find headers, can I take the heatshields off my current ones and then wrap them in that exhaust heat wrap?
I just pried the heat shields on my stock headers off with a screwdriver. It was a bit of a pain in the ass doing it while they were on the car, but I had it done in about 10 or 15 minutes. Just be vicious.

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
My borla's have been welded twice. It usually breaks at the welds or cracks around the welds. I will try to find someone locally with a pipe bender and make my own single port headers for now on. I hate it when my real borla's crack on a long hot auto-x run. Malasubidude you can buy the headers. =)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just pried the heat shields on my stock headers off with a screwdriver. It was a bit of a pain in the ass doing it while they were on the car, but I had it done in about 10 or 15 minutes. Just be vicious.
Does it really help? If I did that would I have to wrap the headers with that tape stuff? Or would I just leave it be?

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
^Leave it be. I have my old stock headers with out those damn shields. I have them still as a back up.

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
i have a buddy who owns a fab shop, how interested would you guys be if I had him make some single port borla replicas? also what would you be willing to pay?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have a buddy who owns a fab shop, how interested would you guys be if I had him make some single port borla replicas? also what would you be willing to pay?
If he could make them for under $200, he would be a rich man! Probably $200 shipped.

That would be awesome, and a fuck load of people would buy those things!

Make sure they would be reinforced though, just so that they don't break like the Borlas!

·
Registered
99 Outback Sport
480 Posts
If he could make them for under $200, he would be a rich man! Probably $200 shipped.

That would be awesome, and a fuck load of people would buy those things!

Make sure they would be reinforced though, just so that they don't break like the Borlas!
Around $200 would be great, I would have to buy some of those! :)

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
I'll try and talk to my buddy this week and see what he says.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it's a huge black hole in the OBS market! He'd have a lot of orders thats for sure!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts