Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a 99 with low miles. I've talked to the dealer over the phone, but have yet to take the road trip to look at it. Since I haven't seen it, I have not discussed price yet.

I need to ask one thing from you Impreza enthusiasts:

Are there any adherent problems in the 1999 RS model year that I should be aware of?

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
it's more friendly (not all friendly) to boost than MY00 MY01. CR is like 9.6:1 i think i dunno........it's in the 9's in compression ratio.:D

FuJi

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, from the amount of responses I gather that the 99 model is perfect? ;)

I'm only asking this so I can have the dealer to be sure to check on these item(s) to be sure they are okay.

By the way Fuji...I appreciate your response. :cool: Though...at this point I don't think I'll be adding a turbo or such.

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
nox said:
So, from the amount of responses I gather that the 99 model is perfect? ;)

I'm only asking this so I can have the dealer to be sure to check on these item(s) to be sure they are okay.

By the way Fuji...I appreciate your response. :cool: Though...at this point I don't think I'll be adding a turbo or such.
'99s are notorious for blowing MAFs. However, since it's from a dealer it should have been replaced during the recent recall. Make sure to ask though.

There's still been a few recalled MAFs that have blown already with aftermarket intakes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As the previous poster said, all you have to worry about is the recalled MAF on the 99's. Besides that and without me getting started on the glass tranny in all subies(besides STis) its a great car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks you guys...that's excellent to hear. I didn't think there was anything to worry about, but it's nice to be sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts