Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor beagle.

He's about 12 years old.

A couple of years ago we had to have spinal surgery done to relieve pressure on his disks, and it worked wonders.

But now he is going through attacks of pain again and he is not able to sleep.

He has been staying with my mother in SC for the past 6 months, and she has taken him to the vet there.

I can't ask her to have him put to sleep, so I am going to have to go myself, pick him up, and bring him home.

Had to vent somewhere.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had to do that with my Beagle too, she was 16 and had a hole in her heart from heart worm surgery (we got her from the pound, she was abused and abandoned) she was a wonderful part of the family....
It was the hardest thing i have EVER had to do... Have her creamated and sprinkle her in her favorite spots.....

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
I absolutley love my dogs. I would sell my car if it would make them live longer. I am truely sorry you have to him down. It's good you're going to be there. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
John,,,i feel fr ya.Been there done that 3 times.They were all in the 12 to 14 yr range.The only way i can kinda rationalize it ,is to think that we loved em all,did the best we could fr em,and hope that they enjoyed there stay .Just like you would treat a family member.It hurts.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 sedan
93 Posts
im sorry, but when it comes to my dogs, i wouldn't give a rats ass if any of them died. You try feeding 5 dogs every night each in separate cages going crazy over a damn scoop of dog food. The only dog i like of mine is the 15 year old lab mut, who is mute. She doesnt do ANYTHING and thats why she gets the good sloppy, looks like diareaha wet dog food....haha

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've brought him home.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

He has a spinal condition, like a pinched disk.

He had this a couple of years ago, and we had arthroscopic surgery done, and it worked extremely well. But now, he is not such a good surgical candidate - he's older, he's already had the surgery, he has Cushing's,....

He is on a strong course of steroids and muscle relaxers right now, and he still has bouts of yelping from the pain. We are trying to keep him confined as much as possible, and hoping that this is a temporary inflammation.

The course of medication is for 3 weeks - I am hopeful that it will work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey this is kinda corny but my Mom sent it to me when my cat Luigi died. Maybe you want to read it.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER. . . . .

I now the name rainbow bridge sounds pretty gay but the thought is nice.

Hope he does ok man.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh man Blaster:(

I'm so sorry about that:(

I don't know where I'd be without my doggy Chester. :( (he's a black and white cocker spanial)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts