Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ITS TURBO TIME!
05 LGT limited
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i was doing some research on the I-Speed reflashes. Someone correct me if im wrong. The process goes as such....
1. You mail them an ECU along with a list of current mods on your vehicle
2. They suggest a reflash for you SRS-10-20-30....etc.
3. They get your credit card information and charge $384.95 for the I-Speed license and then $125.00 for reflashing your ecu?

Just wanted to make sure thats the process. So for 10-35 Hp you pay a total of $509.95? Are there any other strings attached or something im missing? I guess i am looking for answers to my questions as well as "testimonials" or impressions from anyone who has purchased the reflashes. And yes i have read the long thread about the I-Speed reflash first impressions! But i believe that was the basic reflash on a bone stock impreza. With my current mods i would be looking into at least the SRS-20. Any insight would be great!

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Ok so i was doing some research on the I-Speed reflashes. Someone correct me if im wrong. The process goes as such....
1. You mail them an ECU along with a list of current mods on your vehicle
2. They suggest a reflash for you SRS-10-20-30....etc.
3. They get your credit card information and charge $384.95 for the I-Speed license and then $125.00 for reflashing your ecu?

Just wanted to make sure thats the process. So for 10-35 Hp you pay a total of $509.95? Are there any other strings attached or something im missing? I guess i am looking for answers to my questions as well as "testimonials" or impressions from anyone who has purchased the reflashes. And yes i have read the long thread about the I-Speed reflash first impressions! But i believe that was the basic reflash on a bone stock impreza. With my current mods i would be looking into at least the SRS-20. Any insight would be great!
The total cost is $384 plus shipping. The $125 charge is only if you are an existing customer who wants to change their reflash to a different one. So, depending on the reflash, it would be 10-30 horsepower for around $400 including shipping. There are no other strings attached. I loved the SRS-20 when I had it... it definitely makes a difference, but I'm not sure as far as actual number gains. Premium gas is mandatory, which might suck considering today's gas prices. I say, go for it!

·
ITS TURBO TIME!
05 LGT limited
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the SRS-20 is what i am looking at.....what kind of difference did you notice with it? Acceleration wise and top end?

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Most definitely better acceleration from the start all the way to redline. The 4k rpm dead-zone was removed, and it seemed to smooth out the powerband significantly. I didn't notice any change in fuel economy as they claim, but I suppose thats not as bad as losing mpg's.

·
ITS TURBO TIME!
05 LGT limited
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and it was just a matter of you plugging in the ECU they mailed back right? and of course run high octane! I think this is the way i am gonna go. Like i said..i would go with the SRS-30 if i had cams but the 20 should be plenty for now. Im not looking for excessive power just better acceleration and smoother powerband. Anything more and ill just swap the car.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
and it was just a matter of you plugging in the ECU they mailed back right? and of course run high octane! I think this is the way i am gonna go. Like i said..i would go with the SRS-30 if i had cams but the 20 should be plenty for now. Im not looking for excessive power just better acceleration and smoother powerband. Anything more and ill just swap the car.
The SRS-20 was one of the best modifications I've ever done on an N/A motor. It was easy, it was cheap, it was powerful, and it was fun :D All you do it take the carpet up from the passengers side, plug in the new reflashed ECU, start it up, let it idle, and you're ready to go.

That said, I'm extremely excited to be ordering the SRS-30. Combined with my other modifications, I should be sitting alongside stock WRX's, if not better.

·
ITS TURBO TIME!
05 LGT limited
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats awesome man...yea i would love to be up there in WRX land sometime. But im sure ill be satisfied with the SRS-20 for a while.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
639 Posts
I am looking to get the SRS-20

Anyone else out there looking to get reflashed? If so, its important that you PM me first.

I am over the winter. I need to locate a Ganzflow/torque box setup. I am currently running an Injen CAI. Also I need a track pipe (catless).

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
what kind of mods do you need or should have for one of these reflashes
Dude! Check out the PGH thread. I am out by Kennywood park.

It depends on what type of mods you have on your car. Tell them which mods you have on your car and they will tell you what type of reflash to get.

IMMHO...Build up your suspension first. I was outrunning a stock 08 wrx hatch and a stock 09 wrx sedan last weekend and I have a mild suspension setup---> KYB GR2 w/ lowering springs, Potenza RE-01 tires, LW wheels, 20mm rsb and Whiteline solid steel endlinks.

·
Registered
01 GM6 BRP
86 Posts
which reflash should i get if i run a gravelsport intake, Borla UELs, GReddy Evo2 CBE and STOCK cat?

and if i decide to throw on a HFC instead of the stock cat?

i get too many different answers to be able to make an informed decision.

·
Registered
01 GM6 BRP
86 Posts
gahhhhh but the HFC is soo raspy with a GReddy CBE. damnit....lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts