Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heh, well I am in the finaly stages before I go turbo. Its been 6 months of work with alot of it not being done by me. :D A friend of mine, a machnical genious wants to develop turbo kits for our cars. He has spent zillions of hours developing things like the best sized injectors, the fuel pressure rate, the type of rising rate, what boost, what turbo, how to route the lines and all that horrid stuff you forget about when your just buying a kit. We have ordered parts, gone thru ideas togeather...more like me suggesting sumpton he already thought about :rolleyes: or me saying somthng and then him :flame: the heck out of that idea. But now....now... we are close

The custom fuel rails which he will be selling alot cheaper then the competors are in the final stages of being tested, the custom made injectors car comming in for fitment (4 pairs of diffrent fittings) The engine management arrived, the turbo is here, the intercooler is here, the turbo back exaust is here...now for the hard parts. Now for the stuff that will take the longest since it is guess work and custom work that has to be done on the spot.

upipe
oil return
catchcan lines
routeing of the exuast.

I tell ya...this is the longest project I have helped work on. I hve never done anything car related and doing this project my friends and fellow i-clubbers and MWSOC friends realy showed me alot. I have learned a shieot load.

but I am sooooo close but soooo far away.

soon to be one of the first turboed 2002 automatic rs's :)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Good luck on your project. Keep close to your ideas and you'll sure be a lot closer to being a millionaire than most of us. You're probably aware of your competition, but if you do it they will come.

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
since I look like a wrx I am going with a simples WRX turbo back. I got a rex hood, I got rex sideskirts so why not get a rex turbo back...heehee

·
Registered
852 Posts
Have fun building the uppipe, that may take a while. I think you have a pretty good setup, just take your time and be patient and all will work out well. It for me at least.

What engine management will you be running?

Custom fuel rails, intersting, I would like to know more.

Graham

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes custom rails and injector sizing :biggest: Nowfor engine management I can't tell all of his hidden parts but no more ITC, no S-AFC and it is not programable. It is actually pretty simple of an idea he came up with. But it will work...even with this "horrid ECU" as he called it numerous times.

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
Who's this "HE"??? hndaTch? Revision?

I'll be interested in the fuel rails and a few other bits if he ends up selling them.

Why can't you share the ECU info? Are you one of those who don't want anyone else running around with your same set-up?

Jon

·
Registered
470 Posts
I *think* I know what route Neal is going and I might go that way as well on my GC6 IF I ever get some $$$ but I won't give up the ghost until it's "official" that it works properly. :D

Neal/anyone - does the WRX TMIC fit a GC6/GM6 engine bay??? I've heard it doesn't fit.

-mykr.

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it will fit. You shave a little off either the TB or the intercooler. It WILL fit. easy as pie. But I am also selling my TMIC and turbo. I am going to the extreme :D

Also AMS will be making me a custom FMIC for less then I was going to get the hood. I rater stay a little more sleeper then WRX.

·
Registered
470 Posts
That's a very good thing to know about the WRX TMIC Neal... :D

I wanted to keep as much "stock" stuff on the Chicago FI kit as possible...that is if I ever save up enough to go FI. :( I gotta go it on the DL since the GF is pressuring for some "bling bling". :rolleyes:

-mykr.

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah, well I am sure after I get mine on, a certain someone would be glad to help ya make a kit, cheap too. I know a goal of his, will be to sell these locally ect.

but keep the name on the DL. Thanks.:D :biggest:

·
Registered
852 Posts
So basically from what you are saying you aren´t going to be turbo for a while?

For that FMIC, you do know that LOTS of custom fabrication has to be performed, thats a lot of money. Why are being so secretive of this ´guy´ thats doing all of your work? I don´t think I understand.

·
Registered
470 Posts
ah, well I am sure after I get mine on, a certain someone would be glad to help ya make a kit, cheap too. I know a goal of his, will be to sell these locally ect.

but keep the name on the DL. Thanks
Don't worry Neal, said person's name will be kept under wraps. :D

I think people will be very suprised when it does come out.

** sorry to all about being so "secretive." ;)

-mykr.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The FMIC is not so bad. Mounting it is the worst part. After mine was mounted me and my brother welded up all the pipes in less that an hour. It was a piece of cake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts