Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Should I rock the 'Waist Spoiler' too?

• Paint that puppy up and hang it!

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Get serious ~ It's NOT a biplane!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Don't loose any sleep over it ~ nobody cares!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK ~ I searched hard and long for a rear waist spoiler that didn't have the frumpy 'toad stool' perches... especially the one in the middle. After much hunting of JDM land & Aussie land, I actually found it in Canada!

Now, obviously it still needs to be painted body color ~ if anyone has some time for Photoshop it would be appreciated. But the white helps you see the shape more anyway. So, the question remains...

One wing or two???

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
I vote to leave it wingless.

The midwing looks good on the GF due to the top spoilers size but it just seems out of place on the GD...

Just my opinon, any other pictures of it installed.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
I don't own a wagon but I think it looks good.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive debated whether to put one on my WRX wagon. Sometimes I like them, sometimes I dont.
Yeah. That's me right now. I looked for this thing for over a year... now that it's here and I taped it on... It's just SO hard to visualize it matching the car!

·
Registered
2005, Subaru, Impreza RS wagon
92 Posts
You got this off of EBAY from Marius? I bought my wagon upper spoiler from him too, he lives in the city over from me. Would painting it to match the lower body be an option? It might blend in too much in black...? Just a thought.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You got this off of EBAY from Marius? I bought my wagon upper spoiler from him too, he lives in the city over from me. Would painting it to match the lower body be an option? It might blend in too much in black...? Just a thought.
No, I bought it on NASIOC, but for all I know it could be the same guy? I was just so damn happy to find it. Here the USDM one used in early OBS's has these ugly rounded, fat perches for mounting (IMO). I had seen this one 3 years ago in some car mag and flipped because it was so clean. It's made by 'ANS ~ Group Of Companies' www.ans.ca e-mail [email protected]

I think I would have to keep it in black, if it blends in, all the better! I am not a real fan of the two tone, I just learned to make it work on mine and it has grown on me! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts