Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am 16 and just bought an rs, I want some ideas on what to do to the car, I’m earning about 400 a week and willing to spend it all on the car as every stupid 16 year old does, she is 21 years old and paint is pretty bad but I’m vinyl wrapping the roof and hood, the rear bumper is pretty bad as well as the wing. It also is strait piped and has a new pod air filter on it. I’m wanting to put some flares on it as well as a new wing and a splitter maybe, I just want some ideas on what to do with it, want it to look aggressive btw.
Thanks, bailey

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,248 Posts
Hi Bailey, that's a way cooler car than I had at 16! Mine was the family Toyota Tercel wagon ;(

Do you know what size engine it has? I'd say if you can find a wreckers with WRX's, you could grab the rear wing, rear sway bar (the front turbo bar won't fit your car) and assembled suspension. Handling mods will probably make a big difference in your enjoyment of the car. Seats and interior trim too, if you can swing it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Bailey, that's a way cooler car than I had at 16! Mine was the family Toyota Tercel wagon ;(

Do you know what size engine it has? I'd say if you can find a wreckers with WRX's, you could grab the rear wing, rear sway bar (the front turbo bar won't fit your car) and assembled suspension. Handling mods will probably make a big difference in your enjoyment of the car. Seats and interior trim too, if you can swing it.
Thanks so much mate I was thinking of going to the wreckers I just don’t have many in my area, but I might go around and look this weekend, thanks again

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,650 Posts
That looks like an L model, the RS came with a sunroof and didn't come with a flat fuel door from the factory. Either way, I think it looks great as-is, all I would do is put a jdm STi spoiler on it and a scooped hood with a big scoop on it to make it look most aggressive.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,248 Posts
That looks like an L model, the RS came with a sunroof and didn't come with a flat fuel door from the factory. Either way, I think it looks great as-is, all I would do is put a jdm STi spoiler on it and a scooped hood with a big scoop on it to make it look most aggressive.
Did they have "L" models in Australia? I do like the fact that his car has dark interior, not the puke-tastic tan my 98 L sedan had.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Starting my first build now & I'm 26! Im still starting out as well and Im curious to know what are some noteworthy upgrades/maintenance options.

Best Of Luck To You! Eager to see how awesome this turns out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, its not an L. You can see from the plate he is from NSW Australia. Therefor its an 'RX' model, also indicated by what you guys call the "JDM" or "smooth" rear bumper.

The "RS" doesn't exist outside of the states and things like sunroof was never a thing outside of the US version, neither the WRX or NA RX model had a sunroof.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts