Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my SSR Competitions (18"x8") in today and installed them at a buddies house. Only problem is they came with 4 hubcentric rings and 4 wire rings. The wheels didnt look right with the rings (lug nuts stuck out and there was a gap between the hub and wheel), so I put the wheels on without them. Ive only driven like 5 miles, but they seem fine. The guy at tirerack said I need them though. What exactly do they do and are they neccessary? Ive had aftermarket wheels on my other vehicles and they never had a gap between the hub and wheel like that, it just doesnt seem right. This is for a '01 Impreza 2.5RS if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I only have 17X7.5, but I'm not using any rings, and didn't think they even came with them. I haven't noticed any problem at all, but the 18s may be different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent been on the highway yet since I put the wheels on so I havent been able to get the car up past 65mph, but I at 65 I didnt have any of the shudder that people talk about having without the hubcentric rings. Im assuming that since (to the best of my knowledge) these wheels will only fit subarus there is no reason not to make the wheels specifically for subaru hubs. I could see using the rings on a wheel that would fit different types of vehicles, but are wheels dont fit anything else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts