Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2.5l 2004 Subaru Impreza rs wit 215k On it the tans I’s 9 months old and when the car get up to temp third gear don’t work it a auto the car does have a blown head I fixed it and a day latter I was driving it 13 miles and then I got on the way 3200 rpm at 43 mile per hour and it started to get a lil hot so I put it in neutral i’m at the car cost to the side of the highway and then it Oil pressure light came on so I turned it off immediately so It don’t destroy the motor and when I did that it locked up so I let it cool down for 12 hours and had it towed home and not it will run but it has rod knock bad and it only drives 1 block then dies and locks up some times for 5 mins to 20 mins is there a away o can fix this if cheep bc I’m homeless and broke just Quiet it up and. Make it semi reliable so I can get around but the trans fluid is burnt so I’m gonna put new. Fluid in it but the Engine is there anything we are putting it to make it run and stop knocking so loud and stop locking up but it never smoked anything never tic nun piz help

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,248 Posts
Moved to the Newbie section

·
Registered
'96 OBS
350 Posts
You need to find a used engine to drop in. Ask around here and some other forums if someone in your area has a used engine in good condition they'd be willing to let go of cheap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a 2.5l 2004 Subaru Impreza rs wit 215k On it the tans I’s 9 months old and when the car get up to temp third gear don’t work it a auto the car does have a blown head I fixed it and a day latter I was driving it 13 miles and then I got on the way 3200 rpm at 43 mile per hour and it started to get a lil hot so I put it in neutral i’m at the car cost to the side of the highway and then it Oil pressure light came on so I turned it off immediately so It don’t destroy the motor and when I did that it locked up so I let it cool down for 12 hours and had it towed home and not it will run but it has rod knock bad and it only drives 1 block then dies and locks up some times for 5 mins to 20 mins is there a away o can fix this if cheep bc I’m homeless and broke just Quiet it up and. Make it semi reliable so I can get around but the trans fluid is burnt so I’m gonna put new. Fluid in it but the Engine is there anything we are putting it to make it run and stop knocking so loud and stop locking up but it never smoked anything never tic nun piz help
good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts