Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Cisco class today, some kid asked me what I drive. I told him "a subaru." He laughed, and said he owned a ford ranger. I showed him a picture and the look on his face was priceless. It's wierd how many people know what an RS is, I'm sure he thought i drove some soccer mom wagon or something. I love that.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i had that reaction from people about 1.75 years ago. now when i tell people i drive a subaru, they'll say, "You drive one of those WRX cars right?" then i'll get pissed off because all these people know is the only car subaru makes is a WRX, they don't even fucking know what the fuck an impreza is. and i betcha some people didn't even know subaru had cars before the year 2001 before the WRX hit the market.

jz

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
From time to time, I still get looks from bystanders. It's all good. If they want to think I drive a WRX, more power to me. :biglaugh: I just nod my head and let the torque rip (watching for little kids of course;) ) Ahhh, it's so nice to still own a not-so-common Impreza.

It's too bad for me, I saw this white (looks stock) Impreza RS with a good looking chick in it. Too bad it was raining a bit, I didn't get a good look at her.

·
Registered
07 wrx
180 Posts
yea i get that "is that one of those WRX's?" but at fisrt i got pissd now it doent really bother me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just the other day I was rolling through a Mickey D's drive through, and the kid behind the window says,

"Hey, what kinda car is that?"

"It's a Suburu Impreza"

"Wow... is that an Evo kit on it?" (my car is stock except for v5 lip and spats)

I just had to laugh! :)

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
i co-worker here thinks subaru sucks! :curse: But when I invite him to the track, i get no responds. :D

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
cause your co-worker is scared of going to the track with you Leo. why? cause your driving sucks!!!!! :lol:

jz

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Hahaha, what he said!

But I get the WRX thing ALLLLLLL the time. It was annoying at first, still is, but I can deal with it.
Once I tell them that it is a 2000 RS, not a WRX, they then proceed to ask if it has a turbo, and this is coming from the WRX guys, I expected they would know of their car's heritage.

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
jansen you and me, 1 on 1! we race in the parking lot by my place! and you'll take back what you said! :lol:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
what? that parking lot? naw, i'll race you GT3.

yea, i get annoyed sometimes when they asked me if my car was turbocharge. i'll have to go through this long story of how it should be and is turbocharged in other parts of the world. i actually had an argument with this about where my car was from. he kept on saying it was europen, and i kept telling him it's from japan. i quit, cause he didn't know shit.

jz

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
lol, that's funny
I was just out eating lunch at Quizno's, and a guy with a brand new Civic Si pulled up and got out and was admiring the hell out of my car. He then proceeded to come inside and talk to me about it, and it turned into him wanting to race. There was a whole hell of a lot of other hilarious talk in-between, this guy was pretty stupid, but whatever, he was one of the few peopel who knew what my car was.

Anyways, we went out and raced two races from a stop, and he came out with this stuff about "Cali rules". The weirdest thing I have ever heard, haha, it was weird... Anyways... he says you have to start at idle, not revving before, so I was like.. uhh, ok, whatever, makes it easier for him actually, but sure.
So anyways...

I DESTROYED him

It was so not funny, I didn't understand, I was certain Sis were faster than that, but he was spinning a lot off of the launch, his poor driving skills. But it was fun. He wasn't building his car up like mad like a typical honda driver, so he was pretty cool.
Anyways, cool/fun race. I enjoyed it. Just thought I'd share. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
my RS gets attention

I teach 7th graders and occasioinally I will get to school as the buses are arriving. I get screams from the kids telling me I have an awesome WRX .... I guess I need to teach them what an RS (a real car) is!!! It bothers me a little when people call my car a WRX, I personally like driving a car that no one has!!

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
nice wheels. and yes, it's not fast, but sure is fun as hell to drive.

jz

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
the night right after i took this, a group of about 8 or nine guys in their fullsize F150's was sitting at the bottom of the hill drinkin beers, i come up tear off the road, and up the hill. i came back down it a few minutes later. you should have seen their eyes. they couldn't beleive a little car like this just went up and down the hill some of them have problems on.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts