Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Good to see someone is already thinking about this. I'm trying to get some things set up right now, as I am in Indy. I'm for sure going to have anyone over to camp out in my yard, and possibly will have some rooms open. I foresee a Greatful Dead like commune of Subarus that weekend.

Of course, there's also the go kart track, and pleanty of bars. Everyone chime in on what they want to do, and I'll work with the guys here to set up a serious weekend.

I'd really like to know if people are going to want to go out, or just hang here and play video games and watch racing on the big screen.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
holy yule log, batman! a post in the midwest forum :eek:

well, i have told shawn all about you're hospitality, josh :) i definitly want to go, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to yet. if so, i got dibbs on "my" couch, if you'll have me ;) and we have to hit the 'noodle :biggest:

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Alright, Warrior has dibs on one slice of the Caligula couch. You guys have got to see this thing.

I'd be up for the Noodle, but a late night of drunkeness won't work for heading to the race on Sunday morning. Maybe a Friday Noodle visit, and Saturday we'll stay on the N Side. I think last year everyone who showed up, showed up before about 8PM on Friday.

Friday Noodle, Saturday karting, Sunday F1?! Ask off of work now, kids.

Oh, and don't worry about tickets. They're everywhere. Ask me if you need some.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
I suppose I should point out that IMS still has tickets for sale. I just checked the NW Vista, and section J, and they're still available. $75 or $85. Those are the two sections right by turn one, heavy braking zone. A good place to see a lot of the straight, outbreaking, and from what I hear, a good chunk of the infield. Probably be the best place to see Barrichello let Schumacher by on the last lap. HA!

You can also get General Admission for $30. That covers the whole infield. No seats, but you can wonder around, and sit on mounds. I might opt for that, just for a different viewpoint.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5X
7 Posts
Hey, I'm in indy but what the hell, I'll caravan to the track. I have nothign better to do. I'm covered as far as tickets unless you have some in a big group.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Cool. What side of town are you on? You know the rest of the guys from Indy?

We need to get something going for F1. Again, I'm thinking Noodle (downtown) on Friday, Karting Saturday. After Karting I figure we'll hang at my house, or head to one of the places on the N Side for liquid refreshment.

Anyone have any input here? Anyone want to see anything else? They don't have a final schedule yet, but last year everything was done by about 5 or 6 each day. I think the Ferrari gathering is downtown on Friday. That might be cool.

Someone tell me what they want, before I set up what I want.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5X
7 Posts
Street,

I can't do the Noodle, seeing as how i'm only 19 and all. But I could do saturday karting. Right now I live in Broad Ripple but I'm getting ready to move over to the Geist area in Aug. I don't know any of the other guys from Indy would like to meet them all sometime. So just let me know whats up.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
19 and no fake ID yet? Man, I had mine by the time I was 15. Gotta love older brothers for something.

The Indy guys post often in the i-club's Midwest forum. Most have the new body style. I think Ed still has the CG8. Look for any posts with Indianapolis, or Karting. We need to get together, and soon. Lunch at Hooters next week?

Warrior-
I'm not sure what they'll do, I can't find the schedule of events yet. If I remeber correctly, they didn't have it final until later last year. I suppose I'll tentatively plan some shit now, and once the schedule is out, get serious about it. I'd plan on the Ferrari race though. Saturday, if I remember correctly. Sunday I think is the Porche Challenge, or whatever they call it. Friday is the big "Look at how much money I had to spend on my car to make up for my incredibly small Johnson" show, downtown.

Who do you have coming from SL?

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Here's as much as I can get:

Friday, September 27th 2002
11:00-12:00 Formula 1 Free Training
13:00-14:00 Formula 1 Free Training
14:30- Suppot races

Saturday, September 28th 2002
09:00-09:45 Formula 1 Free Training
10:15-11:00 Formula 1 Free Training
13:00-14:00 Formula 1 Qualifying
14:30- Suppot races

Sunday, September 29th 2002
09:30-10:00 Formula 1 Warm Up
11:15-11:35 Formula 1 Drivers parade
12:45-13:15 Formula 1 Grid Presentation
ab 14:00 Formula 1 Grand Prix of Belgium

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Hmmm....it's going to be hard for everyone to race in Belgium that day. That's the official schedule though.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5X
7 Posts
Street,

I had one but it seemed to work everywhere but in Indy. It got me into every bar I went to in Georgia over spring break. Most places around here require 2 forms of ID now anyway. Lunch at hooters would work for me. My schedule is pretty open as of right now. So just let me know.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
HEY KIDS!

Get this. I called IMS today after seeing something about the "Car Corral" on their website. After speaking with a very friendly manager, she informs me we can set this up for Subarus.

Here's the deal, we all get to park in the infield, in the Indy 500 Turn three. That's pretty close to The USGP turn one. All I need is number of cars that'll be there, and they'll give us our very own section. The cost? It's FREE ! So far they've got Porche, BMW, Corvette, Ferrari, Jaguar, and Mercedes corrals. I think it would be cool as hell to have the geek, er, Subaru corral. PLUS, it's free, and inside the track. That's hard to do. Normally, it's $20 a day. Don't know if it's just race day, I'll call back tomorrow. She did mention I need to let her know for sure how many people are coming. So I guess it isn't too early to be talking about this.

So talk to your friends, your neighbors, and whoever else you know. Set this up soon, and we can get a sweet setup.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
I wasn't going to tell everyone this, but I found out about one other program. It's called the Drive Around. You guessed it, they're letting people drive around the F1 track. It's a little screwy though. You need to purchase, or have purchased 4 tickets to the USGP. But the Drive Around is on August 18th. And no, you're not racing. If anyone really wants to get in on this, let me know.

Local guys, you got tickets yet? I might consider actually paying face value for a ticket if I can do this. I'd take the Impala. :happynow:

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5X
7 Posts
Street,

My roomie and I haven't got our tickets yet so I would sure as hell be interested in that, especially with the drive around. So call back and find out all the detail. I'll pay face value for that.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
fucking A! we get to hang out with a bunch of car nuts and watch the USGP for FREE!!! sign me up, scotty :D ok, i'll go for sure now. that is just too badass. i'll talk to some locals and see who is interested besides shawn. when do they need the final count by?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got my tickets in the mail last Fri. Cant wait to see it again. I like the parking idea! I never liked parking in peoples front yards.
Ben

1 - 20 of 221 Posts