Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one color made it through the entire four years of RS production. Just a random thought.

JC

·
Registered
my00 2.5 rs white
330 Posts
in 2000 i don't think they made black... they had some dark greyish color...

i dunno its 5:00 am and i'm writting a research paper so i could be totally wrong on account of the hallucinations....

don't listen to me

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
Never a dark grey in the 2.5RS... hell I woulda searched for that color if that was the case.... I know black was in '98, '99, and '01, but I'm not 100% on '00.. anyone got a '00 Black 2.5RS? :D

keith

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boy said:
Aspen white made it through all years.
Wizard of O.Z. said:
What about silver? As for black I think it was not an option in 2000.
There are no white or silver '98s. There was no black in '00, I would have bought one. :) There was a shade of blue every year, but never the same color.

JC

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
here they are, according to my best reckoning:

2001:
Blue Ridge
Black Diamond
Sedona Red
Silverthorn
Aspen White

2000:
Blue Ridge
Silverthorn
Aspen White
Sedona Red

1999:
Rally Blue
Black Diamond
Silverthorn
Aspen White

1998:
Brilliant Red
Black Diamond
Acadia Green
Rally Blue

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
that is very random, but yet very interesting. wonder why they didn't keep one color for the 4 years.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Well look at all the other wierdness that SOA gave us with the car:

1. USDM only engine
2. 98 DOHC, MAF, dressed up L body
3. 99 SOHC, MAF, Ver5/6 knock off w/o the whole body "kit"
4. 00+ SOHC, MAP, LSD

:rolleyes:

Ugh, why didn't subaru just give us the same car everyone else got from the 98 introduction? (I know, testing the waters, crash testing, etc...)

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
the RS was a complete parts bin car to serve as a test market for bring the WRX over. you forgot to mention that the wing is a v. 3-4 ;) besides, everything subaru does is random, or at least quirky. i was explaining to one of my road race buddies how the tranny works and he just kept shaking his head in disbelief :)

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Subaru quirky?? *cough, cough* XT/XT-6 *cough, cough* SVX :)

Seriously though I think they're finally coming around with the USDM STi and Forrester XT. Now it looks like we're the test market for the other countries (poor brits were pissed when SOA announced the 2.5T hehe).

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
Speaking of quirky, I saw an old Legacy RS in the parking lot at school. I've never seen one of those. I just had to park next to it.

Nick C.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
COwannago said:
Speaking of quirky, I saw an old Legacy RS in the parking lot at school. I've never seen one of those. I just had to park next to it.

Nick C.
:lol: :roflmao:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
10th Warrior said:
the RS was a complete parts bin car to serve as a test market for bring the WRX over. you forgot to mention that the wing is a v. 3-4 ;) besides, everything subaru does is random, or at least quirky. i was explaining to one of my road race buddies how the tranny works and he just kept shaking his head in disbelief :)
i wanted to say that, but i didn't have the guts too. :lol: if you look at the timeline, the 2.5RS is in fact a parts bin car. ver. 3/4 spoiler started in 98, when the ver. 4 was ending (correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just talking out of my ass right now). 99, subaru knows how much more ver. 5/6 they are going to have, so they have lots of ver. 5/6 front bumper, but oddly, the rear bumper is out of stock. that's why we got the ver. 2 rear bumper.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JZ oo7 said:
i wanted to say that, but i didn't have the guts too. :lol: if you look at the timeline, the 2.5RS is in fact a parts bin car. ver. 3/4 spoiler started in 98, when the ver. 4 was ending (correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just talking out of my ass right now). 99, subaru knows how much more ver. 5/6 they are going to have, so they have lots of ver. 5/6 front bumper, but oddly, the rear bumper is out of stock. that's why we got the ver. 2 rear bumper.
I dislike the Ver 2 rear bumper. I think it has to do with crash testing though. I don't think the USDM bumper beam fits a Ver. 5/6 bumper. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

JC

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
JC said:
I dislike the Ver 2 rear bumper. I think it has to do with crash testing though. I don't think the USDM bumper beam fits a Ver. 5/6 bumper. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

JC
the ver. 5/6 rear bumper most be modified to fit the USDM bumper beam. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts