Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Impreza wagon AWD
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my car back and it is running now. Unfortunately, I have no lights to my dashboard, parking lights/corners, and normal tail lights. My headlights, blinkers, and turn signals all work fine. There are no burned out fuses to my knowledge and I was told that I'm probably going to have to tear out the wires in the dashboard. What should I be looking for?

The car just got a new engine, just for reference, and this has never happened before.

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
Double check all the fuses before you go tearing apart the dash. I think the fuse for that is usually labeled "Tail Clearance."

But if you are sure it's not a fuse, then just start taking the dash apart and looking for places where the insulation on the wire has been taken off somehow (usually from some shatp piece of metal)

·
Registered
1993 Impreza wagon AWD
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For some odd reason, my tail lights are wired to my parking lights now. I have lights now, but my dash lights still don't work. I don't understand why or how my headlights were wired to a separate circuit than my tails, but they are. Now, it's on to investigating the dash lights and my front passenger side power window.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts