Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, heres the story! I was sliding around in an icy parking lot when all of a sudden i hit a patch of dry paventment. I was sliding at around 10mph when this happend. The car gripped but kept sliding and then went back onto an icy portion of the lot. Since then, my car shudders when i make hard left or right turns. Its definitly comming from the front. Its a very slight shudder, but a loud one, and i can feel it most in the steering wheel. The wheel seems to vibrate. Any clue on to what this could be? Could i have broken a bracket for my power steering mount? Id apprecitae any help! thanks -alex

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Start with a wheel alignment. A good alignment guy can tell you what is bent or broken if anything. My guess is it’s just out of whack a little since you were going slow and didn’t hit a curb or parking block.

Remember, your alignment guy is like your psychiatrist. If you don't tell him about stupid shit you do he can’t help you.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Also, depending on what tires you're running you may have flat-spotted one or thrown a wheel weight. May want to get your wheels balanced just in case.

·
Registered
54 Posts
might not be the answer, but did you check if it is just snow or something in your wheel? My steering wheel vibrates like that when i get snow/mud in my wheels...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts