Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
99 RS RBP
436 Posts
Stay the course you're on now, I can't stress that enough. There are plenty of other girls out there, you just have to look around and be possitive. Think of it this way, once you find another girl, you'll be so happy you may even forget about your ex. If she's treating you that way, she's not worth it.

·
Registered
2000 RS ej20g swap
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the more and more i fight with her now the more i want her back. I really dont get it man, i just want her back but I will never give in. Thanx for the advice though, I just need to meet new girls. Im moving far away from here this fall, to go to film school, so hopefully I can leave this bullshit past behind me

·
HERO DEEP!!!
Lt. Dan the 2000 OBS
756 Posts
mattlett14 said:
Stay the course you're on now, I can't stress that enough. There are plenty of other girls out there, you just have to look around and be possitive. Think of it this way, once you find another girl, you'll be so happy you may even forget about your ex. If she's treating you that way, she's not worth it.

x2, take it from me, my first marriage ended due to a similar situation as yours, I thought i was gonna die, but time heals ALL things, I know its hard, but you can do it man, if you need anyone to talk to, PM me and ill help ya in any way I can, I know its tough, but you come through and goods things will happen.

·
Boxer rumble FTW!
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
621 Posts
Man i feel for ya bro! i just went through it too. You did the right thing by breaking it off and yeah don't talk to her at all, she's not worth it. You deserve much better than that and you will find it my friend!!! It's definetly not easy but it will get better. Concentrate on your life and make YOU happy and the rest will fall in place before you know it. (u can pm me if u need to talk)

·
Premium Member
00RS 04STI
953 Posts
Dirty Sanchez said:
Pfft. Go get some pussy. You'll be over it in about five minutes.
:rotflmao:

End it. I've been through it and cheating definitely shows me their concern.

·
Registered
2001 RBP Subaru 2.5rs
862 Posts
Evilclown said:
Sever all ties. Don't call, don't email, don't text, don't respond to any of her communication.
Very true. According to MSN.com's love/relationship site, it's unhealthy for either person to continue any kind of communication once a breakup occurs. I think you'll be fine just be proactive.

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,394 Posts
i'm kinda goin through this right now. although the girl didnt cheat on me, we were goin out for a while and suddenly communication just dropped. no answer no nothing. screw her. move on its not worth it.

·
Registered
2000 RS ej20g swap
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today I did alot of thinking, and i realized how selfish iwas being towards her, and how i cant expect anyone to change everything about them for me. And how i am the one that needed changing, and i told her that, and i sortve asked her back out ( yea i know) and she turned me down. I swear you dont know what you have till its gone.. i suppose u dont know what you have till you lose it. I guess its for the best, i didnt need her, and once i get my head cleared and meet other girls ill feel much better. I feel like absolute shit, thankfully im having a small party tonight, with my friend Jack, and his buddy coke. That always helps me.

·
Boxer rumble FTW!
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
621 Posts
that sucks man! By what you said in the first post i dont really see why you need to change, she went back to an ex-bf and then made-out with some guy when you two got together again. screw her! it does hurt alot losing some-one you loved so much. you will be okay though. take a little bit of time for your self and then def meet some other girls and hang with your friends. and if your feeling really bummed right now drinking might not be the best option (alcohol is a depressant) i have been through that b4 it only makes it feel 10 times worse after being buzzed or drunk.

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Congrats on dumping her. The #1 most attractive thing a guy can do is tell his woman what his standards are, and enforce them.

However, if she cheated, it means you were doing something wrong in the relationship as well. Care to give us some more details? Maybe we can help prevent this in the future. Give me an example of how you treated her, how things were in general, and if anything happened in the week or days prior to her cheating.

·
Banned
1,359 Posts
RS25.com said:
However, if she cheated, it means you were doing something wrong in the relationship as well.
I'd like to dissuade the notion that 'he did something wrong too'... I do agree with the sentiment however, that, if something is not right in the relationship that it leads to such things. That she cheated was certainly a product of the relationship's short comings, but that doesn't mean that he necessarily 'did something wrong' IMHO to cause it.

·
Registered
2001 STM RS coupe
3,229 Posts
RS25.com said:
Congrats on dumping her. The #1 most attractive thing a guy can do is tell his woman what his standards are, and enforce them.

However, if she cheated, it means you were doing something wrong in the relationship as well. Care to give us some more details? Maybe we can help prevent this in the future. Give me an example of how you treated her, how things were in general, and if anything happened in the week or days prior to her cheating.
Going a little off topic.. does it always have to be the guys fault that the girl cheats? Can't they just be fucked up or a cheater or something?

·
Banned
1,359 Posts
Whitey_McWhite said:
Going a little off topic.. does it always have to be the guys fault that the girl cheats? Can't they just be fucked up or a cheater or something?
With my Ex, We amicably ended our relationship, although she was very angry about the infidelity at the time, (It was only one time, and with the woman I would eventually marry, It happened the very night before We broke it off) I did not have some long drawn out affair nor did we sneak around on eachother before that point.

Over a few months, via the divorce proceedings, we both helped eachother realise that it was in our own best interests, and that the cheating was a moot point when stacked up against the other issues in our marriage at the time. In short, the infidelity was the symptom of a larger problem, and not the cause of the relationship breaking up et al.

We still know eachother, we still care for one another, see eachother at friend functions, and even still get along, and each of us knows that it was all for the best because we are all happier now than ever before and that shows in how we act and treat eachother now.

We shared the blame, it was our last act as 'partners' and the only thing we could do as friends at that point.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Drakuun said:
I'd like to dissuade the notion that 'he did something wrong too'... I do agree with the sentiment however, that, if something is not right in the relationship that it leads to such things. That she cheated was certainly a product of the relationship's short comings, but that doesn't mean that he necessarily 'did something wrong' IMHO to cause it.
While I agree that cheating is a symptom of a larger problem in the relationship, I disagree with the notion that it is always the man's fault.

That alone implies that men are inferior beings and women are superior. That is total bullshit. The converse isn't true either. James, why do you continue insist that it is always the man's fault? I think you might want to be careful about the implied message that it may send to the guys you're telling this to:

Relationships break up --> always the man's fault --> men are thus inferior than women

I sincerely hope that is NOT what you're getting at. That is precisely what feminazis have been trying to tell us over the past 40 years.

In order to protect myself from that horrible and poisonous thinking, I'm going to outright dispell that notion and go back to the Dr. Glover book you recommended to me - that we, men, are OK just as we are.

·
Registered
2000 BRP Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
470 Posts
mxmadness, im sorry, but you failed miserably. i hope this is the last time you ever do something like that.

it is NEVER ok to let a girl cheat on you. and you definitely dont take her back, no matter how badly you think you want her and how badly you think she wants you. Once you allow something like that to happen, you are only proving your lack of worth. Next time a girl cheats on you, be the man and control it.

as for men being at fault. if a girl cheats, its the guys fault; if a guy cheats, its the girls fault. Its not like they did anything wrong to be at fault, they just werent what the other partner was looking for, physically or sexually.

when I broke up with my last girlfriend, i admitted I wasnt the best boyfriend in the world and that I wasnt 100% innocent in the failure, but it was her that I was unhappy with so technically it would be her fault that it ended. Like I said, it wasnt anything she necessarily did wrong, just not what I wanted.

But I would never cheat on anyone, no matter how unhappy I was. so cheating, to me, does usually entail some "fucked-up"-ness on the cheaters behalf as well as shortcomings on the victims behalf.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts