Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this just popped into my head so bear with me....

since im planning on buying a L to swap my RS stuff in.

what would i do with the L motor.... i was thinking of a go-kart!!

do you guys think it could be done?

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
awd go kart
Hells yea!! Dude, an AWD Go kart with 140 horsepower?! You'd be tearing up the streets of Danbury dude! The brakes will be more than sufficient considering you'd be dropping over a thousand pounds off the chassis they were meant for. Get some decent tires and you're all set.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hells yea!! Dude, an AWD Go kart with 140 horsepower?! You'd be tearing up the streets of Danbury dude! The brakes will be more than sufficient considering you'd be dropping over a thousand pounds off the chassis they were meant for. Get some decent tires and you're all set.
i was thinking about brakes today....

i wonder if i can just make my own frame and shorten it by like 3 feet.

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L & 1997 OBS
2,258 Posts
that be pimp. i always wanted to build a go kart with a busa motor or somethin

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
I got a crazy idea, how about you purchase your L and then swap over tranny, rear diff and your interior as well as anything else you plan to use. Then you sell the old rs motor and use thag money to boost the 1.8 in the l.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a crazy idea, how about you purchase your L and then swap over tranny, rear diff and your interior as well as anything else you plan to use. Then you sell the old rs motor and use thag money to boost the 1.8 in the l.
uhhhh no.

i want my car to be reliable too.....

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
ok....

Although a boosted L could be just a reliable as any RS motor, ecspecailly one that has suffered severe front end damage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts