Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am the co-driver for next season in this puppy! It's #11 off the line and some of y'all know who owned it before my buddy bought it. :biggest: :biggest: :biggest: :biggest:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Forgive me if i get the spelling wrong but I think the last name was Priebe.

edit = and from what I've been told it's a pre-production 98 model, hence the front bumper.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
...and Craig gets the prize!

of (another) ride-along at the next event!!! This is a pre-production 98 (#011) that Brian Priebe was able to pry away from the crusher with some help on the inside (family contacts). SPT/Eibach springs with Koni inserts all around, 17" G-racing akita's with Kumhos. SPT rear adjustable swaybar (looks like a whiteline) and front strut tower bar, SPT camber plates, bushings, crashbolts and shifter assy. w/STi titanium knob. SPT/Brospeed catback with Borla header, S-AFC, autometer A/F gauge pillar mtd. and an UR pulley. Intake is a unidentified polished tube w/K&N filter. Rumour has it that the ECU has some kind of 'special' program since it was used for PR and testing purposes. This car rocks and I'm still learning to drive it. The new owner should be registering here shortly but is rather busy at work. He will be doing most of the driving but I'll be doing most of the wrenching if things go as planned. The car was run at Topeka this year, but national events and a inflexible schedule saw Brian only competing in the ProSolo, where he fought setup troubles and Kumhos to a mundane showing. His father drove for him in STS later in the week and fared well, but not extraordinarily. I've been 2 for 2 so far locally and plan to do a few divisional events along with the nationals again. We now need sponsors to support our habit and Hooters is looking for sports teams to sponsor!!! :biggest:

craig said:
Forgive me if i get the spelling wrong but I think the last name was Priebe.

edit = and from what I've been told it's a pre-production 98 model, hence the front bumper.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Damn, you guys are seeking sponsorship? That's great. hmmm seeing as how that car is already set up, and mine is nowhere near done, how about i save my money and drive that beast. ;) with you guys?

if you can't beat em, join em - right?
:drool:

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
I might be able to get you some sponsors. The guy that owns all the Horse's (platnium, silver, gold, crazy) love's racing. He has mentioned to me that if I threw some cool graphics together he would cover the vinyl cost, entry fees and other small perks.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
deja vu

How odd. Ed (the owner) and I had this very conversation while at the Topeka Nationals (and watching the girlies get naked). We figured it would be great publicity for them and the fringe bennies for us would reach beyond money. As you probably know, these girls make a ton of money if they're any good, they have a free spirit and are fearless (for the most part). I know quite a few who are driving some pretty powerful cars yet haven't really tested their driving ability or the cars for that matter. This would introduce them to something fun and exciting for them to do instead of the darker side of that biz. Unfortunately, it's that darker side that is keeping us from putting the names on the car. It WOULD be a cool thing to show up with a couple "crew members" to add scenery to the events, and provide distraction to competitors(gotta hand out the VIP cards somehow). Not to mention the help in financing our addiction to cone crushing. We're still on the fence about the whole thing. Hooter's is a chain resteraunt and though a bit redneck(with the ARCA series and all)...I could muster having their name on the car (removable only). I'm not sure about having the name of a strip club on the car (yet). If we did decide to go that route, Im sure the result would be quite interesting for everyone!

puckaveli said:
I might be able to get you some sponsors. The guy that owns all the Horse's (platnium, silver, gold, crazy) love's racing. He has mentioned to me that if I threw some cool graphics together he would cover the vinyl cost, entry fees and other small perks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts