Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
Joined
·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hasanyone had the problem of only being able to get on I-club about 1/4 of the time? I think that they need to upgrade their servers or bandwidth... Theyre getting too many hits.
 

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
Joined
·
10,629 Posts
I do from time to time, but I'm one to talk. My server is going to need a faster CPU and some more RAM pretty quick. And AT&T is sucking. I've been monitoring my traffic and about every five minutes or so I get MASSIVE disconnects. See picture below..

[Edit - in case you are wondering, this application is PingPlotter, available at (surprise!) www.PingPlotter.com]
 

Attachments

H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
joefocker20 said:
Hasanyone had the problem of only being able to get on I-club about 1/4 of the time? I think that they need to upgrade their servers or bandwidth... Theyre getting too many hits.
That's why they're going to start charging the vendors. :)

Next they'll have to start charging the users, and when that happens yours truely will stop going there. :)
 

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
Joined
·
1,828 Posts
They have been charging the vendors for a while...

...and WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much I might add...:rolleyes:
 

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
Joined
·
5,532 Posts
DanzBorin said:
They have been charging the vendors for a while...

...and WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much I might add...:rolleyes:
Yeah, but with Alex's price-fixing, they make it all back up.:rolleyes:
 

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
Joined
·
5,532 Posts
Re: Re: I-CLub

horatio102 said:
Next they'll have to start charging the users, and when that happens yours truely will stop going there. :)
They start charging me to go there, I stop going there, and never mention them again. Asking for donations is one thing, charging is something else.
 

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
Joined
·
1,828 Posts
Yeah, but with Alex's price-fixing, they make it all back up.:rolleyes:

:lol:
Hence I don't purchase from i-club unless it's from private sellers. I know where to contact these people elsewhere...;)
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I-CLub

HondaH8er said:


They start charging me to go there, I stop going there, and never mention them again. Asking for donations is one thing, charging is something else.
I can understand that it takes money to run the site - and I don't object to them charging a nominal fee for membership - it's just that I would choose not to pay.

There are forums out there that charge for admission, and that's all fine and dandy.

But the i-club only really serves two purposes now. 1) info for local get-togethers and 2) mindless entertainment.

There was a time (a bit over a year ago) when there was a lot of meaningful information to be had. Either I know everything there is to know, or the amount of crap has skyrocketed.

My bet lays on the second one.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Well shoot. $100/mo isn't much, unless you're a startup or a home business not cranking out much. But if you're like Larry, Cobb, Subaruparts.com, or one of the other larger vendors, $100 isn't even worth thinking about. Larry said he's selling 25 intakes a month (down from 50), which would EASILY pay for the $100/mo. Cobb sells intakes as fast as they can get them made, and I have a feeling that there is more profit in theirs. ;)

For $100, you get access to quite possibly the largest targeted market in the world. You tell me where you can find more people interested in buying aftermarket products for Subarus.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top