Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah....moving on....
I love my RS and I'm put my heart into that car but it is time to move on. I am purchasing a 1993-1995 RX7 TT R1/R2, my new project car. I thank you all for your help and advice as I worked with my car. After owning my RS I know I will soon own another subaru. BTW, this leaves MY2000 Silverthron Metallic two door RS for sale :) Always Mobil one and exceptional mods and matainence....

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
ScottiE said:
Yeah....moving on....
I love my RS and I'm put my heart into that car but it is time to move on. I am purchasing a 1993-1995 RX7 TT R1/R2, my new project car. I thank you all for your help and advice as I worked with my car. After owning my RS I know I will soon own another subaru. BTW, this leaves MY2000 Silverthron Metallic two door RS for sale :) Always Mobil one and exceptional mods and matainence....
Sorry to see you change...I had a 1st gen RX-7...it was a mighty fun car especially with the LSD...rearend to heaven baby!! ;)

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
what mods you got? planning on parting out the impreza? it's sad to know, but heck, you are getting a FD. i heard that if you change all your vaccum hoses for the 3rd gen rx7, you can get like 40 or so hp. my buddy has a 2nd gen turboII with mods, and it is just fawking scary when i rev that car, and i'm pretty sure the 3rd gen is going to be even more scary.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Simple solution to the Colorado winters, don't drive :D I'm getting an apartment with a garage that is a short walk from campus and always have friends willing to drive me. It'll be well worth it, I'm going to baby the living crap out of this car!! The RS has

Borla headers
Stromung S.S. mid-pipe and dual tip exhaust
Cobb intake
Prodrive P7 wheels
Cobb stage one suspension
Sony CD/MP3 player
I also have a set of 18" Opal Konig Imagines for the car as well as the stock rims

I'm actually looking to sell the car complete as the parts work wonderfully and are a collection of some of the best parts available for the car.

As for the vaccum lines, I haven't heard that. What I do know is that it is common to lose a vaccum line and overboost the engine and blow it!:barf: But after about 3K in preventative maintance so things like that don't happen...for about 4K I can raise output from 250 to over 320 rwhp, that is rw not flywheel!! an extra 70 hp in a 2800 lb car that already does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds will be amazing! I'm stoked!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts