Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to get into a 2.5 rs. i rarely see them around my area, so i've been looking at a couple several hundred miles away [online, obviously]. i'm sure you've all been asked the same questions over and over, but i really don't know much about subarus. [leaving the vw scene after 3 years]

anything i should look out for when looking for a car? common problems? thanks.

·
Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,499 Posts
Moderators/James, could we compile a bunch of threads dealing with the "What to look for when buying an RS" question?

Unless we already have one and I can't find it... in which case it should be moved for the people that don't come here everyday to find easier. hehe Zing!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Having just purchased my first RS only 2 weeks ago the best advice I can give is...
Be Patient.
I looked for nearly 2 years for the perfect RS and I ended up with a 2000 RS in blue with only 31,500 miles on it, flawless interior with perfect leather seats, and only three small door dings on the entire body. The only mod on the entire car were some clear side markers. Everything else was in perfect factory condition.

Oh, and I got it for a whooping $8,500 from a guy that lived ~100 miles away.

·
Registered
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
45 Posts
I agree be paitent and get the one you want...I wanted a two door manual, but I ended up getting a 4 door auto because thats what tom wood subaru had in. took me 4 months to find that one

·
Registered
Subarus
342 Posts
If you are going to swap, you are better off going with an L. (Cheaper, more money saved for parts.) If you're not into modding, get the RS. To me, it's just an "appearance package" oh with the sunroof. :devil:

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
ATIC... said:
Moderators/James, could we compile a bunch of threads dealing with the "What to look for when buying an RS" question?

Unless we already have one and I can't find it... in which case it should be moved for the people that don't come here everyday to find easier. hehe Zing!
+1

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
elusiveguy said:
If you are going to swap, you are better off going with an L. (Cheaper, more money saved for parts.) If you're not into modding, get the RS. To me, it's just an "appearance package" oh with the sunroof. :devil:
Hit that on the dot.

Welcome to the site man, it's one of the best around without a doubt. Hopefully you'll join the RS club real soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts