Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd post this in case anyone was looking at getting one of the Hyper Ground Systems kits (hot earth ground). I did mine today out in the 20degree weather, made it kinda hard to work with the washers that came with the kit but after I got it installed it was definitely worth it. The car seems to idle smoother and you know the feeling when you hop in the car and you can just tell it's running great.....well it does that all the time now. I would definitely reccommend this mod. I picked my kit up from www.group5motorsport.com for $108.95 shipped. Very imprezd. :D

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
I don't mean to bash on the Hypergrounds System, but I'm getting away with it by doing it myself with 10 gauge wire. I set up three points from my negative terminal to three points around my engine bay. The car runs smooth as sex, and I don't know if you can get any better than that. :happynow: Have you done the single point mod before you bought the system?

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Here are pics of my Hyper Ground install:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1197

I think where I got mine it's just a little cheaper, haven't checked lately though.

FWIW - I'm all into DIY stuff too but I have to say the quality of the cables and method of setting up the ground with this system is pretty nice. I like the way they have to post stand off set up.

Peaty

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Peaty, would you think it would have made a difference if you installed your wires differently than what you originally done? I am not a fan of grounding to the strut bolts since there's little metal contact there. Why not try regrounding your points from neg to intake manifold bolt/ neg to engine head bolt/ neg to alternator bracket/ neg to ...? That's what I did and my car's power delivery is surprisingly smoother. It could be that the negative current loses it's efficiency after a couple of feet (that's what I read off the other board). The wires may transfer negative current more efficiently with one ground per negative (battery terminal) connection than 2-3 grounds per negative connection.

I don't know about fuel mpg, but my happiness factor (performance vs dollar) is 10 out of 10.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with peaty. The standoff post for the negative battery terminal is really nice and the wires are heavy as hell. Really good quality. :D

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
According to the instructions w/ the kit it says to ground where existing grounds are. Since there is one on the strut tower I went there. I also did the other side too. I did go to the block and manifold. I don't think it's such a good idea to mess w/ a head bolt :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts