Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 RBP RS
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm just starting to plan for my swap/build and want to as part of the project do a 22b kit look. Its a long term project for me over the next few years but I want to plan it all out over the next few months before I start ordering parts.

It seems like HT autos has the most complete replica out there because they have:
rear quarters
skirts
front fenders
rear bumper
front bumper
22b hood vents

Total cost in dollars is about 2700 before shipping...which I don't want to calculate lol.

Is there anyone on these forums who has installed it and can provide feedback on the quality of the materials, or how its been holding up?

I've spent hours reading through all the threads in the exterior section and couldn't find anyone who actually ended up buying and installing it.

·
Registered
gm2 2.2T,bd6 2.1TT,be9 2.5T
106 Posts
I would suggest try and hunt down a aeroism wrc wide body kit. It's a lot better quality and more durable than the ht autos kit. Granted it a little bit wider than the "22b look" but you can clear bigger tires which is always a win IMO.

·
Registered
98 RBP RS
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will email them...but I am nearly for sure not going that route.

I've also contact launsport, they also apparently still do a 22b kit and there are lots of folks with experience with their kits and quality. They are also price nearly the same as ht autos.

·
ProcratinatusMajorus
1991 Legacy SS
789 Posts
HT Autos had an account on here at one time. They have been around for a long time. Their kit is good quality, I've seen one in person, and the fiberglass is pretty stout. They probably value their reputation, so if you had any major issues with it, I imagine they would be helpful in solving them. As for fitting it, it's a fairly intensive project.

There have been a few write ups. HT's website has a good step by step photo documentary on installing it. Check it out here Subaru Impreza 2dr 22B / WRC Replica wide Body Kit

There's a guy on here, flyboynextdoor, who installed an Aerosim kit, and showed a lot of the install steps. He has shared a lot of great photos along his build process. Check it out, here's his build journal. http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t163463-my-400-99-impreza-transformation.html

·
Registered
98 RBP RS
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply!

I've gone through the steps and I think every build on here that has done the 22b body at this point. :)

I'm actually waiting for a response from launsport right now as with shipping...they are actually cheaper than HT Autos and that's including the rear spoiler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts