Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds sorta like when your on the freeway and your tires make a loud howl on differrent types of pavement only its a little different and it is constant when the car is rolling whether in gear or not at all speeds. My car is lowered so I supected rubbing but none anywhere, I have Kumho tires but the noise came long after I had these tires, I am rolling on the Forrestor wheels which don't rub the brakes or anything. So I have no idea maybe rear differential or axles making noise, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 2000 Impreza L 4-door is my car
Thank You
Brian

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Wheel bearings? Does the sound change in pitch as you go around corners? If so, that would be my first guess.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
around corners and long hard curves it will disappear, if it is bearings is that covered under the standard warranty?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well first it would continue to get louder and secondly since bearings are made to inhibit friction, I'm guessing other parts would start getting damaged in that vicinity (like perhaps the hubs).

·
Registered
2004 Impreza RS
116 Posts
ya - bearings. get them replaced as soon as you can - they will just get worse and nothing is worse than people staring at your car for the wrong reasons

1 - 7 of 7 Posts