Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post some pics later but yesterday I installed some WRX seats (F&R) in my GC6 RS. :D

Man...the fronts are sooooooooo much nicer than OEM RS seats.

The backs fit but I'll need to do some mods to the hooks to make it fit better and have to figure out how I can utilize the pass through.

When I pulled the WRX seats, I also noticed the way better quality on the WRX floor carpet.

IMO, the colour difference between the stock RS interior and the WRX seats warrants new black floor mats to match.

OH...one tip to remember if you do this swap is to swap the seatbelt recepticles between the seats BEFORE you install the seats.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sweet, so the REX seets fit then? I'll bet they look a lot cooler with the blue and what not on them. Did you get yours for pretty cheap?

Graham

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
The stock RS seats bite the big one for sure..I would love to change mine out!!! ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Graham - How's F R double E??? :biggest:

EDIT: I didn't get to take any pics today (poor lighting) but I did notice there's a gap between the the floor and the seat bottom. A piece of scrap plastic could cover it but I'm too lazy to deal with it. :D

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
Graham said:
Sweet, so the REX seets fit then? I'll bet they look a lot cooler with the blue and what not on them. Graham
Yes they fit... all impreza's are pretty much interchangable. I've had rex seats in my GF8 for 6 or more months now. They sit a bit higher that in a REX... height adjustment helps with that, but still higher.

They look great, espeically when you make your back seats match ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to see some pictures!
Patience young Jedi...patience. :D

I brought my digi cam to work today and I'll take some when I get out to my car after my shift. I'll post them up when I get home later this afternoon...PROMISE. :p

Jon - Didn't you get some WRX cloth for the door panels??? I want to re-cover mine to match.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Rallychic said:
The stock RS seats bite the big one for sure..I would love to change mine out!!! ;)
You don't like them? I love the stock RS seats, and I've taken several people on longer drives (2-3 hours), and they have always mentioned how much they like the seats. Guess they just fit me and my friends well. I'd have to sit in the WRX seats first to see if I liked them, as I've heard some people say they didn't like them at all. But, anyways, do want to see those WRX seats in an old-school Impreza!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Myles - Sit in the WRX seats then sit in the OEM RS seats and you'll be a changed man. :p

Here are the long awaited pics. :D

First my GC6 RS. :D

Front seats.

Back seat.

Back seat #2. You can see the difference in cloth designs; see the door panel.

The gap in the seat bottom. Sorry for the pic size.

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
Wow! Nice work! :checkit: Didn't know the rear seats would fit. What are those 4 dots on the bottom of the rear seats?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike - The back seat doesn't fit perfectly (see seat bottom gap) and there are some fit issues with the rear seat back (Its' just a bit too high and you can see some of the seat foam from the backlight IF you look closely) and the cargo pass though (which you really need to take all the reinforcements from a WRX to work 100%) but for my use it's just fine. :D The seats are fully bolted in and the seatbelts work so that's good enough for me. :) Perhaps in the Spring, I'll make the seat fit better.

The small "dots" are embroidered "Child" logos; I guess for the child safety seat positions??? Sorta a waste since the embroidery kinda blends together. :p

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
mykrrrr said:
Jon - Didn't you get some WRX cloth for the door panels??? I want to re-cover mine to match.
Well yes and no. I do have spare fabric (both front seat covers from a 2002 WRX) which I had planned to cut the center blue fabric section out and use to recover my door panels... Now I've decided to recover them black (with a little something ;) ) as my interior is gray not black like the RS/WRX and it just doesn't look right.

I've debated selling the front WRX seat covers that I have since they aren't of any use to me, but for some reason I am unsure if I should let them go quite yet... at least not until I've finished my door panels.. If you'd be interested in the fabric after I let it go, please PM me.

As for rear seat fitment... I'm with you on that. I've just now run into issues with recovering the bottom/butt part of my rear seats with a WRX wagon cover. The front and back of the seat is fine, but there is some slack on the sides I've got to gather up somewhere. Looks great though... Glad I just got the fabric covers and recovered mine rather than putting in WRX wagon cushions as they wouldn't have fit. I should have the back seats finally done this weekend. I'll try and get some pics up, but was going to wait until the interior was all done.

Thanks - Jon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts