Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is posted somewhere really easy to find. I promise I've searched several times.

Does anyone know specifically what needs to be done to remove the weatherstripping from the doors? I have a feeling breaking these clips is going to be a huge nightmare, so I would prefer to be 100 percent sure going into it. Obviously, if a thread already exists, feel free to link it to me and to yell at me for not only being a car noob but a search engine noob as well.

·
Registered
1995 1.8L Impreza Coupe
44 Posts
Just did a quick search myself and didn't see anything readily; though I'm sure it exists. lol Either way, keep this post updated because I'm going to need to do this soon too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking to do the same to restore mine since no longer available. Any one have a picture of the inside so we know what direction to pull them off in.

·
Registered
1995 1.8L Impreza Coupe
44 Posts
Seeing as it's not just us, I'll go pick up some plastic clip tools from Harbor Freight tomorrow, and give it a go. I have some replacements, so I'll try to take some pictures and such and update yall

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Seeing as it's not just us, I'll go pick up some plastic clip tools from Harbor Freight tomorrow, and give it a go. I have some replacements, so I'll try to take some pictures and such and update yall
I would really appreciate it. If I end up doing it before you, I'll post up here as well. While you have it all apart, do you think you are going to do something like this: DIY: Repair window pads

I know mine have scratched my windows a little bit.

Edit: just found the part numbers for them:
Outer pad: 61256FE020
Inner pad: 62304FA001

·
Registered
'01 2.5RS STM Sedan
37 Posts
I can't provide advice on how to remove them, but I do have images of what they look like from the back side. Appears there is a screw on one end a few clips on the other.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
94 Posts
I was unable to remove the lower window moulding without completely destroying them. Luckily I was planning to replace them anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts