Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001, MY02
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Trying to find instructions to remove the bottom pan on an MY02 RS and not having any luck.
Everything assumes you have already pulled it off.

Any help?

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
296 Posts
What do you mean by "bottom pan?" I could interpret this to mean a bunch of different things...front undertray or maybe skidplate, oilpan, etc. More information would be helpful, or even a pic of what you're attempting to remove if you're not sure how to describe it.

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,625 Posts
The OEM skidplate is a no-brainer to remove, just take off the bolts and plastic bezels holding it in place. There isn't anything crazy holding it on, just lightly tug on it if you get stuck and you'll see what areas you missed.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
296 Posts
There should be 5 bolts - 2 behind the oil pan and 3 up front - I think they're 10 or 12 mm. There should be 4 plastic push pin retainers at each corner of the undertray.

·
Registered
2002 WRX
79 Posts
Just remember that, most likely, when you pop those plastic retainers, there is a good chance they will break. 18 year old plastic hardens but if you are careful, you may get away without breaking them. Replacements can be found either on-line or at the dealer.

Depending on which ones break, you can always use zip ties instead.

·
Registered
2001, MY02
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all.
There was a lot of oil hiding the bolts and I had never been under the car before.
All sorted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts