Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes,
I have a 2002 2.5 rs. I was just wondering what to do to increase my launch speeds. I like to beat people of the line. So I was just wondering what you think I should be getting to help me launch faster.
Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
to start, u already got a good launch car with the AWD because you will get much less wheelspin than in a front wheel drive car. on this site look at the 2.5rs stats and u can see that it beats many high performance cars in the 0-30 range 2002 2.5rs look around that site and compare it to some of the other cars and makes

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
just rev your engine to about 5grand and slip the clutch. you should usually get ahead of a lot of people easily.

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,936 Posts
5 is too much, you'll get more spin then you need

3500 is perfect, so just as you expect the light to change, get your niddle inbetween 3000 and 3500, then slip the clutch and floor that gas pedal.

basic items that'll help. Intake (www.pdm-racing.com) -cheap and good. ~60$

cakback exhaust, have a custom one made - about 150
remove cats and get a highflow cat - 60 cat, 20$ piping if done all at once.
decent muffler - 100-200$
headers - ~200 +

If you decide to do exhaust, get headers first, then get cat and catback at once, then get muffler. Cheapest route.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
all that stuff listed above will increase top-end power but most likely decrease the low-end. not what you want to do if you're only interested in launching. and launch around 4-5k depending on how mean you're feeling to the drivetrain. if you get more then a chirp out of the fronts, i'd be suprised.

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
that's true, but it's cheapest way out, as we all know rs suffers from lack of high end. middle of 4th gear and above you got no mo power.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Tall J said:
Don't forget that transmissions aren’t cheap.
i nearly drop the clutch at 5500rpm with race tires at auto-x. but then again, then i'm on the clock and there is no such thing as mechanical sympathy :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
10th Warrior said:
i nearly drop the clutch at 5500rpm with race tires at auto-x. but then again, then i'm on the clock and there is no such thing as mechanical sympathy :)
You guys use drag starts for your auto-x races out there? Do you race Pro-Solo? Or do you do this during the slalom?

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
i dont know about you guys, but with 3500 rpm slip, i get great launches and that's with a slight chirp from the tires, as far as auto-x go, the ones i've attended, first corner is usually 10-15 meters after the start line, so in some cases you go into 2nd after 1st corner

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
our auto-x have a start line and then the timing lights are up ahead about 5-15 feet. how far the first corner is varies tremendously. sometimes i'm in second gear by then, sometimes i ain't.

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
aaah, we start about a foot away from the timing light

1 - 14 of 14 Posts