Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
'98 2.5 RS
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to add cruise control to my 98 rs. what components will i need? can take them off a legacy? i searched and couldnt find any good info. write ups available?

thanks.

· Registered
1998 2.5 RS
2,032 Posts
I'll sell you the actuator and the cable if you want it. I just took it off when I did my swap. I also have the control unit. If you have the wiring diagram for the 99-00 you can see how the wiring should be run.

You will also need a clutch switch, and different brake switch. You will need the buttons and lever from the steering wheel, and probably the clock spring too, unless yours is the same. (If it has 5 wires it is the same.)

· Registered
'98 2.5 RS
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
did your 98rs come without cruise too or was that not an option?

james
the the butterfly actuator at the throttle body (the thing that the accelerator wire connects to and opens the butterfly valve) has a second acturaor ready for the cruise control wire. is that normal? but otherwise there are no signs that it ever had CC.

· Registered
'98 2.5 RS
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll sell you the actuator and the cable if you want it. I just took it off when I did my swap. I also have the control unit. If you have the wiring diagram for the 99-00 you can see how the wiring should be run.

You will also need a clutch switch, and different brake switch. You will need the buttons and lever from the steering wheel, and probably the clock spring too, unless yours is the same. (If it has 5 wires it is the same.)
what clock spring, and where are thes wires you speak of? how much for he parts you have?

· Registered
2003 BMW 325xi
594 Posts
installing cruise control is very easy, actually.... i did it to mine when i first got it. Cruise was not a factory equipped option, it was a dealer installed option, so everything is plug and play. You need the control module (behind the driver's side kick panel), the actuator and cable (under hood) the brake pedal switch, the clutch pedal switch (MT only... obviously) the main power button for the dash, and the steering wheel stalk.... All plugs you need are there, just have to do a little looking.... Just make sure you disconnect the battery before you pull the airbag. I'm not sure what models will fit, but my donor car was a 2000 L wagon 5spd..... i know the control module and underhood actuator is not compatible from a legacy, but the pedal switches and power button may be, and the steering wheel stalk is the same.

· Registered
92 Crown Vic
680 Posts
the the butterfly actuator at the throttle body (the thing that the accelerator wire connects to and opens the butterfly valve) has a second acturaor ready for the cruise control wire. is that normal? but otherwise there are no signs that it ever had CC.
i saw that i thought it came with it and the owner before me took it off. but that good to know i am not the only one with out it.

james

· Registered
20 Posts
so i have the button the sterring wheel and know where to plug the under the hood stuff in but i don know where to find the under the kick panel buttons or actuators...... and it uses the same gas cable right? just runs two other cables to the actuator from what i understand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.