Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Silver '00 2.5 RS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's some pretty significant body damage on the right side of the car. It's right sideskirt is missing. I think it was hit in a parking lot.

Rust is visible in that area, as well as on the accompanying door and small bits on the front bumper.

The wheels were painted that horrifying color with Engine Enamel.
A CF wrap was added to the hood, supposedly because it did not look great.
The clearcoat on the top of the wing is peeling which might give a clue as to what the hood might look like.

The car is currently not running because of a Timing Belt failure.
A new kit is being installed prior to sale by a nearby GreaseMonkey awaiting further diagnostic. Any extra engine work will be subsidized by the owner

The interior is rather kept, and there is a new sound system installed.
The car has been rewired, has new brake pads, and has been serviced recently.

This is the only available RS in my area at this time.
How much would you offer?

Click to open in full-size:

Much Appreciated,
stealthybox

·
Registered
Silver '00 2.5 RS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick feedback!
I think the seller's definitely open to that price range.

Any other opinions?

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe Silverthorn 5spd
565 Posts
No problem. I work nights. lol. Could always try going lower!

·
Registered
1994 Impreza L
112 Posts
Thanks for the quick feedback!
I think the seller's definitely open to that price range.

Any other opinions?
Start at $1,800 or $2,000. Does the car drive straight?

Timing Belt failure is not a good thing. Not sure you'd want to trust that motor. Either wait for the right one to show up or get a really good price.

You don't want to end up with a ton of headaches, especially after spending $3,000.

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
I would go a lot lower than $3k. Timing belt 'broke' = nearly a whole rebuild needed (assume belt valves, etc), plus the state of the rest of the car being riced out (tail lights, wheel color on blue, hood).. just leads me to believe this car was poorly cared for.

I say skip it all together actually.

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
it's at this point a parts car - nothing more

green painted stock wheels are usually not a great indicator of overall condition (in my experience)

that's a $1000 car to me as it sits right now, and I might be inclined to do the work myself unless I knew the mechanic....maybe $1500 if I KNEW damage was limited to timing belt. Any other engine work will be subsidized by the owner is good provided the mechanic knows what he is doing (not a hard engine by any means, but still...you never know). Once running and confirmed it's all good...$2000. Not a penny more.

·
Registered
Silver '00 2.5 RS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to clarify, the price is for a car that does at least run sort of.
(Car is in the shop right now)

I really appreciate all of this input.
You guys are great. I really don't know much about these cars yet.

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
it still has 1992 600r ish green colored wheels though ;)

and the body work

and the fact that the car is rewired...idk what this means or why any car would need this unless it was in a flood. This statement scares me

sound system...given the color of the wheels (I know, Im being judgemental lol), I would just assume it not be in there at all

at this point, I'd wait till you are able to actually drive the car. If it drives better than it looks then you're in a position to make an offer

it may get to the point where the mechanic says it needs new heads, etc and then suddenly the subsidized offer isn't on the table anymore

but even running, at best, that's a $2000 car to me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts