Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know how much i will get for my 2000 rs if i trade it in to buy a wrx? my rs is basically stock. just got new blizzak winter tires on it and a front lip greddy and a greddy evo cat back. thanks:eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I suppose it would depend on the condition of the car, if it is ding and dent free with excellent interior (clean no burns rips or scratches, I wouldn't trade it in for less than 14G and you may even get up to 16 if you work them really good, you can aproach the sale from 2 ways, one you get a great price <msrp and get low trade in or you can try and maximize your trade in and pay a little more for the car, work the deal from both ends and you won't be dissapointed. The ideal would be high trade in and low purchase price. But you got to win one of the two if you can't get one side to favor you, keep shopping.
Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Trading into a dealer? You will be LUCKY if you get more than $10k. I tried recently. I wanted $13k, and they offered me like $9k. Go sell it on the open market for $23k to $16k and you will be better off.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
You always lose on the trade in...no ifs, and or buts....

Even if it looks like they give you good money..they zing you somewhere else...where you don't realize it!!! :curse:

·
Registered
35 Posts
$$ value

what is the milage?
what is the condition?
what color is it?
how much tread is on the tires?
5 spd or auto?
year?
2dr,4dr,wag?
what type wheels?
Does it have factory security sys.?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Whatever you do sell/trade it in before the STI or the EVO comes out because the value will probably drop even more.
doesn't matter to me though since I'm going to be buried in my RS when i die!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts