Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
how much is a sti 04 rolling shell worth?
im asking on a rs forum because i plan to drop a 2.5 rs engine cant afford better.

no front seats no calipers no engine no trany no center console no cluster
no headlights.
it does have perfect body clean title no dings sti harness included and airbags

how much should i pay for the body?

·
Enthusiast
2001 SRP L
2,513 Posts
how much is a sti 04 rolling shell worth?
im asking on a rs forum because i plan to drop a 2.5 rs engine cant afford better.

no front seats no calipers no engine no trany no center console no cluster
no headlights.
it does have perfect body clean title no dings sti harness included and airbags

how much should i pay for the body?
personally, i'd pay the most is 1k-2k

·
Premium Member
01 RS coupe
268 Posts
worst idea evar!!

I wouldnt even do it if it was free...

Cant afford better than what? you obviously have some money, or at least have an rs engine? your gonna need alot more than an engine anyway. What is the actual reason your even thinking of doing something like that?

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe Silverthorn 5spd
565 Posts
Is this gonna be a project car or a DD? Id just scoop that up and slowly build it up as a stock STi, then sell it for a decent chunk....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking of getting a crashed car to swap the parts needed and a crashed rs is cheaper than a crashed sti.

i know might sound sacrilegious to downgrade a car but repainting a rs to rally blue is expensive.

but reasoning why aside, 1 to 2 k is the answer so far the guy is asking 8k if i propose 1.5k should be reasonable im not low balling right?

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,168 Posts
i would hold out for an RS shell. You have the money for it, and the proper engine.

paying STi insurance for something that isn't an STi is stupid.

You also need to swap a lot more than just the engine.

If you are concerned about getting a car that is WRB and aren't looking at the bigger picture, you need to get your priorities straight.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2001 SRP 2.5RS coupe
22 Posts
that shell has been trying to sell for months...im in west palm beach i see it every time i check craigslist ..id pass on it if i were you..plus all that insurance blah blah rebuild blah blah shit missing blah blah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.