Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've got a 98 OBS Wagon. Tires are 45 profile on 17" rims. I need to drop about 1 to 1.5 inches in the front and about a half inch in the rear. I'll probably need about a half inch spacer on the rear wheels to clear the strut.

I think I can get Eibach or White Line springs that will give me the drop, but will they hurt the stock struts? I really don't feel like going for a full adjustable coil over system right now, as I'm committed to a new bumper of some kind.

Suggestions, Please!!

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have the H&R springs on my wagon, its a 1.8 drop, more than you plan on going, but the ride is great,im running the 16" 98RS wheels,i work on alot of honda's and we can drop them 2" before any strut blow out problems,id think subarus would be a little better with bigger drops. i personally wouldnt worry about your struts with a 1-1.5" drop.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the info.

I wound up ordering a set of TEIN's that will have about a 1.2 inch, and probably won't put them on the rear because of clearance issues.

But that will probably bring the car down to where the distance between the tire and wheel opening will be about the same. With the stiffer front end I may need to take my adjustable sway bar up another notch. I'm not so concerned about the rear coils yet, but I may have to do something in the future.

Appreciate your help. It also helps me figure out what to do with my 99 SUS. I've dropped the whole car about an inch and a half with just a tire swap, now I need to drop it another inch and a half with lower coils to get the gap between the tire and wheel opening back to normal.

Thanks, again, Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts