Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 2.5rs black dimond pearl
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I dont normally do this, I have don't have a problem with the "other club" or "most" WRX owners. But the Thread really made me laugh, and feel disappointed at the same time. I am also very supprised at how incompetent some people really are.
Anyway found this Thread, about changing sidemarkers on a WRX..

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1930396#post1930396

Like fourty people had different answers, One guy even said he paid for 2 hours of labor to have his sidemarkers changed. So I thought to myself, "Can it really be that hard", after all it is in the owners manual, so Subaru feels that the LCD person should be able to handle this task. Then I was thinking "Maybe, just maybe it really is hard", so I look out the window (Im really bored at this point) and see my moms wrx sitting in the driveway. To make a long story short I took out the light looked at it for a sec. then reinstalled in in a whole minute.

So my question is, should a person that can't even change a F'ing lightbulb on they're own car, really be allowed to get behind the wheel of a car that can do 0-60 in 5.whatever seconds, let alone hook it up and make it faster!!!????

Sorry about that. I cant stand stupidity

Anthony C

·
Registered
240 Posts
lol... This is hilarious. I agree with you 100% :)

Eric

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
5. Pay the man for 1 hour of labor on each side.
i know that guy is just kidding right?

well, a couple of years ago, before the WRX was here, a young kid came up to me asking me questions about my RS. he owned one too. he asked me how do i make the tail lights red/white. i told him that you gotta get the JDM tail lights and install it. he then ask, which shop should he go to, to get it install? i told him to do it himself, well, he did pay a shop like $100+ to install his weapon R intake.

jz

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think I heard that getting the seal perfect (so it wouldn't leak)for the rear lights wasn't an easy task.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
I was talking with a new age OBS owner. I told him that he should change his sidemarkers. He kinda laughed about how he read that thread and how everyone made it seem so hard, he proceed to pop it off in 10sec. So they aren't all morons.

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
JZ oo7 said:
i told him to do it himself, well, he did pay a shop like $100+ to install his weapon R intake.
:eek: Ouch!!

sunnys25 said:
I think I heard that getting the seal perfect (so it wouldn't leak)for the rear lights wasn't an easy task.
It's not that bad. Just a bit time consuming. Easier if you have someone to help you. Should be easy if you use the right goop to seal it. I never got any moisture in my JDM taillights. :)

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
It's not that bad. Just a bit time consuming. Easier if you have someone to help you. Should be easy if you use the right goop to seal it. I never got any moisture in my JDM taillights.
neither do i!

jz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts