Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell us if you modded the engine and how many miles is on it.
And what condition is the engine.
I'm thinking of getting a RS but I need a reliable car and I don't know if it is. I use to have a civic but it got STOLEN. So help me out and post your miles.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I just turned 15,001 miles when I arrived at the meet we had this last Sunday. Its a 99RS but it sat in storage for three years so that doesn't really count.

·
Registered
508 Posts
2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Current mileage 36,000 (give or take)
Moded milage 31,000

Click on the link below, I had those parts put on at the sametime. No problem since. I don't consider the CEL to be a problem because I understand why it is on. Usually goes away when I take long trips. otherwise it doesn't bother me.

http://subiekid.fragoholic.com/my_car.htm

Happy modding!

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
2000 RS, 34k, 29k with mods. Intake, filter, exhaust, rear swaybar, front struttower bar, short shifter. No problems with the car at all. And I've run it in 3 rally-x's, and had some fun on logging roads with it, too.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
98 RS. bought it at 55K, now it's got 67K. not a problem that i haven't been the cause of. :)

-Brian

·
Registered
'00 BRP RS Sedan, '04 FXT PSM
219 Posts
My g/f's '00 RS sedan has ~34,000 miles on the ticker. The only problem was a toasted flywheel and clutch which they replaced under warranty roughly 3 months ago. Everything else has been great!

-Brian

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
asnrefugee said:
Tell us if you modded the engine and how many miles is on it.
And what condition is the engine.
I'm thinking of getting a RS but I need a reliable car and I don't know if it is. I use to have a civic but it got STOLEN. So help me out and post your miles.
Hey, are you Hmong? :)

Modded lightly; I/H/E/P/Chip (no internals or forced induction just yet)
Bought at 13000 miles... now 55500 miles
Problems in the past: bad rear O2 sensor, bad water pump, ticking cold start (all covered under warranty)
Runs excellent! :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
2001 with 19,650 or so. Currently on forged engine build. Smashed #4 cylinder with boost spike at 15,000 miles or so. So, stock motor lasted for 15,000 miles. Heavily modified engine has lasted over 4500 miles or so. So far so good. Going to 16 or 18 psi soon...;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
99 RS with ~43k.

Purchased new, no problems at all.

Recently added intake/exhaust/swaybar/short shifter in past 5k.

Running great, I love my scoobie

:biggest:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I’ve put on 26,000 in 9 or 10 months. I'm kind of sick of it already. I'm looking at some Porsche 944 Turbo S and 968. If I find one that is a good deal I'm selling the Scoob.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts