Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering how long everybody's re-92s lasted them. mine have about 15000miles on them and they are almost completley worn out. I thought this might be a little premature, seeing as i havent autocrossed them once, only a few spirited drives through ortega highway now and then. Also , I looked at the treadwear on the side of the tire :160. That seem like a really low treadwear rating for a tire with such shitty performance.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just turned 33,333 and have a lot of tread on them still... 1 autoX and a few fun runs... pretty hard into certain corner's and onramps too. I've rotated 3 times though.

I'll probably start shopping at 40k...

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5rs Sedan
72 Posts
I killed mine in 22-26k of hard driving. At the end it felt like I was driving a 400hp rwd beast when it was wet. Everytime I'd accelerate out of a turn the back end would step out and then I'd slam on the gas and it would step waayyyy out. :biggest: The fronts would always pull me out. I would only do this at like 10-15mph too so it was very enjoyable.

-Chav

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
I still have mine, but I am guessing around 25k they will be gone, along with my stock rims.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I still have mine at 30,700 and they are still doing ok. But I just bought new Sumitomo HTRZ II for my 17"s, and will probably get some snow tires to replace the RE92"s

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm... I have about 16.5 K on the tires now and the shoulder on all of the tires are completly gone. I tried the "penny" test on my tires and I can easily see the top of lincoln's head. man I need to change these tires... On the bright side I did manage to complete a really nice AWD doughnut in the dry this morning in a vacant parking structure:devil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts