Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
99 impreza rs 2.5 black
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my car about an inch more front and rear. I got the front done and then remembered why I didn't go lower in the first place. The axle is already angled up towards the wheel and those other bars/arms are pretty much level (I dont know what there called).

Is there a rule of thumb on how those are supposed to be?

Do you think I can go lower without causing premature wear?
or a I already too low?
I know there are people lower than me but they more than likely have a different setup

thanks Joe

· Registered
99 impreza rs 2.5 black
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rear camber bolts can re align your wheel angle whiteline and some other companies make them, you can also get adjustable lateral links
I dont understand what your getting at. My camber is fine I just want to thread the damper down about an inch. But that will make my axle angled up towards the wheel even more and the lateral links? will be angled up too.

Does this even matter?

· Registered
2000 subaru 2.5rs 4dr
3,262 Posts
Do you think I can go lower without causing premature wear?
when you go lower you will give yourself more negative camber, which will then give you uneven tire wear. camber bolts can give you some positive camber to even out the angle of your wheel/tire, if your on coilovers which from the pick it looks like I'd also invest in camber plates for the rears.

· 'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
6,619 Posts

· Registered
99 impreza rs 2.5 black
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think he's talking about wear on wheel bearings and other related drivetrain components
Yeah I should of been more clear sorry. I'm not worried about tire wear its basically a weakend/autocross car. More neg camber the better to a point.

Im on coilovers F2's

So I'm cool where Im at? axles pointing up lateral links level?

I need to read that sportcompactcar link I read it before when it was published. I forgot about that

thanks Joe

· 'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
6,619 Posts
oh, well in that case, yeah your good where your at, your wheel bearings will go bad, but that's due to normal driving (plus increased load during cornering from the sticky rubber and better suspenders).

But if you can afford coilovers, wheel bearings are cheap.

I dont know about that endlink though, looks like it's got a LOT of lean to it. And honestly here, get some good endlinks.

· Mobile Diagnosis Guy
97 Impreza L
5,319 Posts
your suspension isnt working the way it is supposed to if you lower the car at all. Thats the facts. you take it out of its full operating range and move it to a smaller range causing increased stress on that portion of the strut, therefore weakening the suspension as a whole.

· Registered
99 impreza rs 2.5 black
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On MacPherson strut-equipped cars, the wheel will gain negative camber under roll as long as the lower control arm is positioned less than 90 degrees relative to the strut axis.

Man I havn't been to school in a long time.
I think Ill raise it up a bit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.