Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How long do glasspack mufflers last? *resonator crew*

I need a resonator for my midpipe and I was just going to throw a thrush glasspack in and leave it at that, but I want to know how long it will last before I have it welded in. what are the rest of you running for resonators and how are they holding up?

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be running a normal muffler as well, I just hate the sound of most of the setups with midpipes without resonators. Sticking a resonator in there kills the rasp and only makes the car sound better in my opinion.

what are my options for resonators without fiberglass?

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
what is the design of factory resonators like? they can't be packed with fiberglass or it'd be pointless to use them, right? I'd rather buy a resonator that did what i wanted it to once than to keep replacing glasspacks everytime they get "blown out"

· Premium Member
96 GF4 " Bruiser"
5,136 Posts
ive had my glass pack for a year now on my z...

sound is still sharp. Throws flames and so far its not doing to bad but i think its going to go soon.

I know on our ol 93 ford tow truck it would eat a glass pack in about 3 months. but it was also making 400 hp.

· Registered
05 rs 04 wrx 05 sti all black
2,025 Posts
I have a 21 inch resonator(glass pack) and have been running with it for about 3 years. The exhaust has slowly getting louder over the years but it has not even got close to the raspyness it had without the resonator. I dont think you have much to worry about, just the larger diameter area does alot to take out the rasp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.